Swarovski el range and g7 br2 rangefinder

Anyone have the chance to compare these two units with respect to their corrected distances for shooting? I know that the g7 factors in temp and pressure in addition to the el ranges angle but I was wondering how close or far apart the two were with their solutions for angled shots. I have the Horus unit and I think it awesome as it gives me slightly different shoot to distances at the range depending on the weather conditions but I'd like to learn a bit more about these two. Anyone with a g7 range the same target on different days with different weather conditions?

I just got my G7 about a month ago and was curious about this myself. I entered my ballistic info for my 6.5x284 which I am quite familiar with. Nothing fancy, but with a 40 degree spread in temperature and a small pressure difference I ranged a treetop at 425 yards at a 13 degree angle. These readings were taken about 3 weeks apart. I compared the drop readings on the G7 as well as plugging my Kestral data, range with my Geovid, and the LOS angle off my Ballistic FTE, and used the ballistic data loaded into FTE for comparison. I was surprised to see the drops for all four readouts at +/- .25 MOA. You do need to make sure that the G7 and Kestral have time to equilibrate to the outside temperature after sitting in the house. 425 yards isn't that long a distance, and a 13 degree angle isnt that much, but so far I'm impressed with the G7.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts