Swarovski btx tripod and head recommendation

blaser270mag

Hello guys,
I just got the Swarovski BTX with 85mm Lens, and I need to upgrade my current tripod and T Head.

What are you using with this kind of glass?

I have the manfrotto 128RC Head that I am not going to carry anymore , because it is very heavy and I need to shave all the weight I can.

Maybe it´d be fine to get a sitting height CF tripod, with a decent tripod head to lower the weight of the set up.

Thanks for your advice.

I run an outdoorsman Panhead with my ATX 95 and it holds it well. It might be worth a call to outdoorsman to see if it would hold the additional weight of the BTX. My tripod is a pro master 525c and it does fine sitting but gets pretty shaky when it is extended.

6D79ED4B-7929-4317-8A26-3B1DBE3F67BA.jpeg

RRS is all I use.

You may like to look at the Swarovski CT Travel carbon fiber tripod if they are still available where you live. I have one for my ATX scope and have found it very good as it packs down small, is not heavy and yet still gives a good fully extended height. For the head I went for the Gitzo GH2720FQR, it is a compact 2 way safari head made from magnesium which is light but very solid.
kiwikid.

At the Outdoorsmans booth at the Sheep Show, they had a BTX mounted on their tall tripod with a pan head. I played with it for a while and it was rock solid even at full extension. I was impressed.

Nice

Which pan head and objective lens do you remember ??

They told me the Jim white head works great but sadly its $300 +

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.