Swarovski brx reticle. What is the equivalent moa

Swarovski Brx reticle. What moa ?
Here's what I'd like some help with.

The brx reticle can be calibrated with swarovski's balistic calculator online. This is great if you are always shooting under the same conditions but not so good otherwise. They made a mobile app but you have to use factory ballistics and whatever factory ammo they have listed for an option. So this doesn't really work either. I played with the program a while until I think I figured what moa the holdover lines are equal to. My question is does anybody know what the wind bars are equal to? The only info they give is that they match bullets with a bc of.

BC. .45. Wind/kph 16. 32
BC .35 Wind/kph 12. 24
BC .25. Wind/kph 8. 16

This info is way too vague as drift will change with muzzle velocity, pressure etc.
I emailed them but thought I'd also post it up here.
Thanks

I looked at the BR Recticle and decided it was way to clutered and it looked like all those fine lines and dots would be very hard to pick up in really dim and dark situations. For basic hunting I think the 4A or Plex is best and Know what your load will do at the different yardages and cross winds.

I can do this in my back yard. Take a nice large paper and draw a 24'' T or L and hang target @ 100 PLUMB. Then have your rifle secure in rest and read the reticule of the 1'' marked on target, I use sharpie marker. The horizontal will me the MOA FOR YOU WIND, and guessing reticule is tapered like a B&C?This needs to be at power you are going to shoot at for second focal plane. Count inch scale marked for your drops on reticule. I mark target each 6'' for quick reference.Then you can go to a sight like JBM and compare your load to moa drops. This needs to be shot and verified, but is a starting point. Somewhere the reticule moa drops should be listed for scope and save my above step, and go straight to ballistic calcs.

Swarovski got back to me with a updated instruction manual. It says that the vertical reticle is calculated in mils and gives the breakdown of .5 intervals at max power at 100 meters It shows the winds bars in inches or centimeters at max power at 100 yards or meters. I can find out the mils or moa from this info. The reticle is like the leupold Boone and crocket except it has more holdover marks. Now I just need to educate myself on mildot theory and how it works.

My favorite scopes are mil. If the reticule is mil, then at this site or JBM , you can do your drops in mil. This may seem funny, but I do all distance in yards, since so common here, but do all hold, drops , dials in mil, same for wind. If it is a mil reticule, that is what it was meant for.

I never really paid much attention to mils before but I just watched the art of the precision rifle from magpul and learned a bit. I spent some more time learning about the system in yards and metric on my own and it sure makes sense. I think I'm gonna start using the metric system for my ranges and mil conversions. Im pretty happy that the brx reticle happens to be calibrated in mils

Snipers hide has a good article-using a mil based scope, by lowlight. Very good start. There is info here also

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.