Swarovski ATX w/95mm tripod

Ghostmoney

I just picked up a Swarovski ATX with 95mm objective and shopping for tripods now and need some help. I would like to be able to use this spotter while sitting and standing, but I doubt at 6'1 I will be able to do both with the same tripod.
What min height tripod should I be looking for to allow me to use this while sitting?
I am looking at the outdoorsman compact tripod, but wondering if I could get away with a cheaper one to use for only sitting and get the taller outdoorsman to use while standing.

Would be willing to spend about $800

I just picked up a Swarovski ATX with 95mm objective and shopping for tripods now and need some help. I would like to be able to use this spotter while sitting and standing, but I doubt at 6'1 I will be able to do both with the same tripod.
What min height tripod should I be looking for to allow me to use this while sitting?
I am looking at the outdoorsman compact tripod, but wondering if I could get away with a cheaper one to use for only sitting and get the taller outdoorsman to use while standing.

Would be willing to spend about $800
I personally like the manfrotto 290 carbon. I have an outdoorsmans pan head on mine and like it, but with heavier optics like that it's a little jerky on vertical adjustments. I'm considering the small manfrotto fluid head for that reason, now that I have a BTX. The tripod itself is solid though and I use it for sitting and standing.

I personally like the manfrotto 290 carbon. I have an outdoorsmans pan head on mine and like it, but with heavier optics like that it's a little jerky on vertical adjustments. I'm considering the small manfrotto fluid head for that reason, now that I have a BTX. The tripod itself is solid though and I use it for sitting and standing.

Thanks, this one is looking like the best option and at a very good price, since I am thinking of returning the Atx and getting the Btx instead. Debating on the packability with the btx though.

Thanks, this one is looking like the best option and at a very good price, since I am thinking of returning the Atx and getting the Btx instead. Debating on the packability with the btx though.
If you're in country you can glass from a mile or more it's worth packing! I got it with the 1.7 magnifier and have no regrets.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.