SWAROVSKI Announces The New 2015 EL Range

ADMIN

Administrator
SWAROVSKI OPTIK NORTH AMERICA Announces
The New EL Range

EL-Range.jpg

EL RangeCranston, Rhode Island – SWAROVSKI OPTIK NORTH AMERICA, a subsidiary of the Austrian-based company, announces their redesigned EL Range. Offering all the internal features of our EL Range introduced in 2011 but with new and improved ergonomics and accessories. The new EL Range 8x42 and 10x42 will be available in April 2015.

Improvements to the EL Range start with the development of the FieldPro package. The new easy to use rotating strap connector with a cord adapts perfectly to any movement using a bayonet catch that enables you to fit and switch the carrying strap and accessories quickly and silently. The redefined pressure point of the new, distinctive measurement button, helps measure the range accurately and comfortably even for extremely far away targets. The new Objective lens and eyepiece covers securely attach, while blending into the overall design of the body of the EL Range better. As a result of a more slip resistant design it allows easier use of the focusing wheel and diopter adjusting rings. Maximum stability is now achievable due to the rounded fins and additional thumb depressions, allowing longer observation time with less fatigue to the user.

The EL Range continues to be extremely lightweight and ergonomic, respectively, being the lightest in their class. The EL Range with its integrated electronics has a large field of view and impressive light transmission. The SWAROAIM technology allows measurements of key parameters such as angle and range to target as well as the corrected shooting distance.

For more information please follow the link below;
http://el-range.swarovskioptik.com/
YouTube Video:http://bit.ly/1wawR8t

SWAROVSKI OPTIK NORTH AMERICA Announces
The New EL Range

View attachment 45547

EL RangeCranston, Rhode Island – SWAROVSKI OPTIK NORTH AMERICA, a subsidiary of the Austrian-based company, announces their redesigned EL Range. Offering all the internal features of our EL Range introduced in 2011 but with new and improved ergonomics and accessories. The new EL Range 8x42 and 10x42 will be available in April 2015.

Improvements to the EL Range start with the development of the FieldPro package. The new easy to use rotating strap connector with a cord adapts perfectly to any movement using a bayonet catch that enables you to fit and switch the carrying strap and accessories quickly and silently. The redefined pressure point of the new, distinctive measurement button, helps measure the range accurately and comfortably even for extremely far away targets. The new Objective lens and eyepiece covers securely attach, while blending into the overall design of the body of the EL Range better. As a result of a more slip resistant design it allows easier use of the focusing wheel and diopter adjusting rings. Maximum stability is now achievable due to the rounded fins and additional thumb depressions, allowing longer observation time with less fatigue to the user.

The EL Range continues to be extremely lightweight and ergonomic, respectively, being the lightest in their class. The EL Range with its integrated electronics has a large field of view and impressive light transmission. The SWAROAIM technology allows measurements of key parameters such as angle and range to target as well as the corrected shooting distance.

For more information please follow the link below;
http://el-range.swarovskioptik.com/
YouTube Video:http://bit.ly/1wawR8t

No changes to operating distance or other important functions tat I can see.

IMO this is a huge miss, in fact I think its a step back. sometimes I wonder do they ever actually get these units into the hands of REAL western hunters?!?!?! that stupid strap system makes it impossible as I see it to run these with a bino harness. everyone I hunt with uses a bino harness no one uses the strap the binoculars come with. also these units are heavier than a standard binocular, making using a harness even more of a necessity. I see no mention of upgraded glass, or RF capability, OR and this is the biggie moving the RF button to the right side for a bow hunter. The only plus I see is the objective lense covers.

IMO this is a huge miss, in fact I think its a step back. sometimes I wonder do they ever actually get these units into the hands of REAL western hunters?!?!?! that stupid strap system makes it impossible as I see it to run these with a bino harness. everyone I hunt with uses a bino harness no one uses the strap the binoculars come with. also these units are heavier than a standard binocular, making using a harness even more of a necessity. I see no mention of upgraded glass, or RF capability, OR and this is the biggie moving the RF button to the right side for a bow hunter. The only plus I see is the objective lense covers.

Nailed it.

DUMB DUMB DUMB

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they are not the HD glass either!

Did they fix the minimum 33 yd min range capability? Nice to be able to have one system that can be used for gun or archery hunting, say at least down to 15 yards. That said I have one of the older 10x42 models and really like it.

I ditched the OEM neck strap and run it in the Medium FHF bino harness. Very heavy duty simple construction. No elastic in the harness, so your binos don't bounce around when running, jumping, or riding. Top and bottom straps attached to the bino pouch, the weight is ensured to always be equally distributed between the top and bottom straps and across the X on the back. The exact amount of tension adjusted for the straps doesn't seem to be very important for the pouch to function, it's just a matter of personal preference for how high or low the pouch rides.

Very slim profile and not bulky which is a plus for me.

http://fhfgear.com/hunting/bino-harness/

one thing I will say is the range button is ALOT more positive and nice to use. the strap attachment is a complete fail IMO you can't use a typical bino harness on them.

one thing I will say is the range button is ALOT more positive and nice to use.

Agreed. I have a set of the first gen 10x42 EL Range, and I was playing around with a pair of the 2 gen sets yesterday at Sportsman's Warehouse. You can actually feel the RF click down under the pressure of your finger whereas the older version is a smooth motion when depressed. With that said, not having the RF button click down was never a huge issue for me. All you have to do to know the RF is on is to look through the binoculars and see that the display is on.

The thing I like about them the most is the updated objective lens covers. It'll be interesting to see how people like them with actual use in the field. But I think anything would be an improvement over the pervious style of objective covers. This has been a gripe of mine ever since I purchased my first pair of Swaro 10x42 back in 2004. Maybe it's me, but if you pay $1k plus for glass, you'd expect lens covers that aren't so dang janky. That does for the ocular lens covers too!

The optics guy behind the counter told me that the Swaro rep that came in to store mentioned that the glass on the second gen EL Ranges had been revamped over the first gen, but I still see no mention of HD glass. Maybe that will be the next improvement.....

I love having the latest and greatest, but at this point in time, I guess I'll just have to suck it up and continue to use my crappy, outdated, bottom of the barrel RF binos for now....

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.