Swaro vs Leica vs Zeiss vs???

I had HD 3000's and loved them. My dumb butt left them on the cab of the truck when I was glassing in Kansas in September- they stayed there for 3 miles. When we found them the next morning they were crushed.

I ordered net Leica 3200.com's and HATE THEM. A buddy suggested I try the new Swarovski EL Range with the Bluetooth and I love them.

The new Leica take way longer to range than the old Leica or the new Swaro.

I'll sell you the 3200.coms if you want Leica though.
Send them back they should not be any worse. Maybe you got a bad pair.

Agree. To much tech is not a good thing.
What I meant was the being able to blue tooth the info into the RF vs having to keep up with multiple micro sd cards.

WHAAAAAT! did I just say.

Sometimes I long for the good ole days when all I knew of LR got me to 300 yards. 400 was just a pipe dream.
Oh, I totally agree with this. I have never put one card in my Leica's and used the ballistics. Only the temp distance and angle. I'm not into taking things apart and putting them back together all the time. Not on my motor toys nor my any of my stuff. Not worth the down time and chance of screwing something up.

Sold my el range binos to upgrade to the newer model. Before I pick them up this week, I'd like some opinions from you guys that are "in the know" more than I.

Are any of the top shelf brands better than the swaros? Any reason you'd pick another brand over the swaros?

Lower price can be a consideration, but not at a sacrifice of quality (durability or clarity).

Any advice will be appreciated.
Don't leave out or forget about Steiners! Have 3 different pairs in different powers and wouldn't trade for anything...

EL glass is impeccable! Rangefinder is spot on with my sig2400 abs ballistics. They range lightning fast out to FOREVER! The app could use some improvement but is easy to use and set up. Still working out the Tracking Assistant. Hope that helps.

If it was me, I'd get the Leica 3200.COM just because I'd want the ability to connect and use AB and a Kestrel. I don't know that any of the others have the same ability. I'm going to be getting a 2800.COM before too long. Personally, I don't want an integrated rangefinder though.

Last edited:
Depends on what's most important to you. Glass in Swaro its top notch. I prefer the Leica range finder over the Swaro's. Don't have experience with top lines of Zeiss. I chose Swaro's because top glass is more important to me than the other stuff. A lot of it comes down to personal preference since the top three are very close

If it was me, I'd get the Leica 3200.COM just because I'd want the ability to connect and use AB and a Kestrel. I don't know that any of the others have the same ability. I'm going to be getting a 2800.COM before too long. Personally, I don't want an integrated rangefinder though.
I've been using a Leica 3500.com rangefinder and having trouble with the kestrel connection. I was thinking going the Leica 3200 binos but speaking with Leica I was told the 3500 has the better laser and Bluetooth connection would still be a problem. Kestrel acknowledged some of the problem in on their end and they're working on it. I want ranging past a mile, quickly and in less than ideal conditions with super accurate ballistic solutions… and I'd sure like to have it in one unit. Hopefully soon

I just like straight binoculars, understanding the advantages of the combo. Regular binos work well forever unless you drop them. I do have some from the American Civil War, which I prefer not to use. Get the best glass you can afford and then a little more. You're good forever.

A friend of mine has the 3 mentioned binos.
1st for my eyes Swaro
2nd Leica
3rd Zeiss

I have recently Bought the SIG 3000
Which I'm very pleased with granted the glass is not as good as the Swaro but not much in it exept the $1500 price diference..
My eyes are 50+
Have a look through as many as you can 👍

I'll go against most grain. I like you did t care about price. I bought liecas best I found for my eyes. I can say for what it's worth doesn't matter if the guide has swaro or not they all say dam when they look through liecas.
That being said I've had guide use Lieca. Swaro has a great name why most go with them thinking most will be impressed but I prefer Lieca and can say hit up Doug at camera land. He sold me my last Lieca and can't say I could ask for any better customer service. Always responded promptly and many times out of hours. Even after the sale.
Bottom line is both are great I prefer the Lieca for glass and a range finder I find better. But honestly let's be real both are probably better than we need.
I have to agree with you... I like my lieca rf so much that I just bought 2 extra pair just in case some day I can't get a new pair...

sometime back I viewed through all 3 brands at a demo in sportsman show. I own older swarofs but say licas were the clearest ever seen in 8x40s. have lica range finder which is great.

I have the Leica 3200.com and the Vortex Fury 5000 HD with AB. The Leica's have the better glass and laser for sure, although it takes forever to re-range a target with the Leica. The Vortex has what could probably be the best app and user interface/ballistics program of all. I used the Vortex for a 2 day PRS match and only had to use my hard data for one stage. Got 2nd place, individual - Karstetter 2021 in case you might know.
I don't even try to use the ballistics program in the Leica's. I think it only displays drop for 1000 yards and only in MOA. I shoot mils now. The controls are hard to figure out and the instructions were horrible. It only offers G1 BC's and hardly anybody shoots a flat based bullet anymore. It's behind the times for a new bino. What really torqued me about the Leica is that the Bluetooth can't stay connected! I bought them to use with my kestrel and is doesn't work! Get more than a foot or 2 away and it drops. That being said, if you have good hard data then the laser and optics are way better on the Leica. But when the weather changes and you're shooting past 1000, I think you would want the live data that the vortex offers anyway.
It's a toss up for me what I would take in the field. I can click in my wind estimate with the Vortex, hit range and it comes back with drop and wind hold pretty quickly. It's very accurate, compensates for all the atmospherics for me and the glass is OK.
The Leica has the best glass for spotting animals and the laser is very good. I have ranged a mountain 2 miles away before. It also seems that the laser is well centered in the retical where as the vortex seems a little off.
I can only vouch for these two binos but hopefully it helps. I've heard good things about the Zeiss Victory RF and the Swaro El with ballistics. All have something to give up, there's not a clear top dog here.
For hunting scenarios, I think I'm going to be packing my Vortex in the field.

Recent Posts