Swaro vs Leica vs Zeiss vs???

jessej

Sold my el range binos to upgrade to the newer model. Before I pick them up this week, I'd like some opinions from you guys that are "in the know" more than I.

Are any of the top shelf brands better than the swaros? Any reason you'd pick another brand over the swaros?

Lower price can be a consideration, but not at a sacrifice of quality (durability or clarity).

Any advice will be appreciated.

Im not a brand guy in fact probably the opposite. That said IMO you cant beat swaro glass. There's a reason all the guides (except the ones on tv who get paid to use lesser glass) all use swaro.
Every guide ive met that makes money finding deer for people do it through swaro glass.

I was lucky enough to work where from Oct-March there were bird watchers all over the place and I would talk with the constantly. Yes I was interested in the birds and more so in their optics. I probably talked to dozens of different people using Wal Mart to stuff I never heard of. Every one said the Swarovski EL (pre pure stuff) were the absolute best to give them the detail so the could tell specifics on the birds to identify them. I went with the Swaro HD Spotter, Leica HDB 2200's 10x42, and just last year Meopta HD B1.1 15x56. Yes, I tried them all and not in a store or noon on a sunny day. My life long hunting partner just got back from an elk hunt and had to borrow some 10x50 EL's. When he got home he called me to tell me how incredible they were. He used Leupold GR 10x42's for years. Said he has never had glass pull in so much light, and my nephew ordered him some 8.5x42 EL's for Christmas.

I'll go against most grain. I like you did t care about price. I bought liecas best I found for my eyes. I can say for what it's worth doesn't matter if the guide has swaro or not they all say dam when they look through liecas.
That being said I've had guide use Lieca. Swaro has a great name why most go with them thinking most will be impressed but I prefer Lieca and can say hit up Doug at camera land. He sold me my last Lieca and can't say I could ask for any better customer service. Always responded promptly and many times out of hours. Even after the sale.
Bottom line is both are great I prefer the Lieca for glass and a range finder I find better. But honestly let's be real both are probably better than we need.

My requirements. Range close enough to use bow hunting. ( the old el range only came down to 33 yards, the new model down to 10).

Operation control must be on right side to allow for one handed operation in a pinch while holding bow in left hand (Old el range were left, new is right)

Glass must be second to none.

I'm really curious about the Swarovski el with ta as well. I had the first gen Swarovski el range and just bought the Zeiss and thought the glass would be better than it was so then bought the Leica 3200.com and it might be a little brighter but I was hoping they would have better glass. They are both nice but now I'm wanting to try the new Swarovski el's I hope someone has them and gives their review.

I was ready to try them this week. But after reading on the HB-D I'm undecided.
Also like the blue tooth uploading capability of the zeiss.

I have a pair of the vortex 5000 as a backup. And I will say that if I'd never owned any of the good stuff, the vortex would be good enough to never own anything else. BUT…. It's not in the same class as the swaros.