• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Swaro slc15x56 $1000

Thanks for the info.
Check the classified optics on this site. I have seen a few bins which I believe are better quality than the Steiners for ~$1000 to a bit more.

Seems like I just saw some Meopta's similar to what you are asking about for $1000. I saw some Swaroski SLC 15x56's go for $1000 as well but, they were cosmetically a little rough from lots of hunting use though the optics were basically pristine as they were well taken care of.

$1500 and some patience will get you some really good binoculars on this site's classifieds.

As a different thought, my Athon Cronous spotting scope was $400 plus the tripod which in my case was a $230 Slik carbon fiber unit. It is sized (w/o tripod) like a 1/2 a binocular and will zoom 12 to 20 power to really bring things in.

For what you describe, even my 86mm objective Athlon Cronus will fit your budget with the spotting scope being $850 in my case plus the tripod. It will blow away all the binoculars I have used which mainly includes Zeiss options though I recently got a test drive of some Swarovski NL Pure bins.

You won't get the large FOV or many bins but, for what you want, I personally think it is a better option to have a spotting scope. Tine girth, tine lengths, etc. assessments are all going to be much better at your ranges with a good spotter. At a mile plus, the spotting scope will blow away most bins by a wide margin unless you have REALLY DEEP POCKETS like modern naval shore bombardment installations!

Last edited: