Swaro rangefinder hard to read

Varmint Hunter

I went down to N Carolina for a little whitetail hunting. I brought along my new Swaro Laser rangefinder and my old Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000. The Swaro definately outperformed when ranging distant objects but was a horror to read in the sun. I tried raging in the soybean fields that were illuminated by the morning sun. The red display was all but impossible to see. Eye position was critical too. Cant the Swaro slightly one way or another and the display seemed to get brighter or duller.

The Bushnell gave much faster readings and the display was darl black and easy to read. I found the Bushnell to be far better when working within its ranging capabilities.

Anyone else experience this?

Last edited:
I had the same problem with a Swarovski when I looked at it at Cabela's. We took it out in the bright sunlight along with a Leica 1200. The Leica had very bright numbers but the Swaro was a dim orange. Everyone I talked to said that the Swaro was the best so I asked to see another unit. The other Swaro had a bright display so I bought it. I am just back from Wyoming where I ranged out to 2000 yds. with the Swarovski in bright sunlight. My backup Bushnell 600 rarely reads over 375 yds. in sun. I am very pleased. I never had a failure to read in any light condition.

I would contact Swarovski and tell them that your display is dim.

Tom

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts