Swaro or Night Force

ZiaHunter

Well I jumped off the cliff and ordered a McMillan custom rifle in .300 WIn Mag. 24" #5 bbl with muzzle brake. Now it's time to decide on a scope. Narrowed it down between the Night Force and Swarovski Z5 BT but not the exact model. Have Swarovski binocs, range finder, scopes and spotting scopes and very pleased with them.

Any suggestions recommendation?

If you are going to be dialing the nightforce hands down. If you want crystal clear glass
the swaro hands down. The swaros are typically shy on moa available in adjustment so
look closely at them. For long range it may be a problem that sticks you with a 20 moa
rail. I think the z5 is SFP as well as most of Nightforce's scopes are.

Swaro has great glass no question about it but glass should be near the bottom of anyone's list when it comes to a scope purchase and this is especially true for the long range guys.

Durability, repeatability, and appropriate features should be more important IMO.

Swaro and other elite glass companies have made a successful pitch that glass is the end-all of optics decision making. A good argument can be made regarding spotters and binos as glass quality directly affects the sole use of those products. But the truth is that in today's competitive market almost all the glass out there, even on the lower end, is more than adequate to make any big game shot during legal hours. And NF is far from the low end regarding glass quality. Their glass is very good. The durability is top notch. The repeatability is top tier. And their feature list is continually expanding for the better IMO.

Folks are often surprised that Swaro doesn't have the best reputation for durability and turret repeatability especially when the price paid is considered into the equation. Many folks here and also many writers have discussed this issue over the last few years. For that price range their are more than half a dozen brands I would choose before Swaro for scopes. However, I do have their HD spotter and LOVE IT!!

NF without question!

Swaro has great glass no question about it but glass should be near the bottom of anyone's list when it comes to a scope purchase and this is especially true for the long range guys.

Durability, repeatability, and appropriate features should be more important IMO.

Swaro and other elite glass companies have made a successful pitch that glass is the end-all of optics decision making. A good argument can be made regarding spotters and binos as glass quality directly affects the sole use of those products. But the truth is that in today's competitive market almost all the glass out there, even on the lower end, is more than adequate to make any big game shot during legal hours. And NF is far from the low end regarding glass quality. Their glass is very good. The durability is top notch. The repeatability is top tier. And their feature list is continually expanding for the better IMO.

Folks are often surprised that Swaro doesn't have the best reputation for durability and turret repeatability especially when the price paid is considered into the equation. Many folks here and also many writers have discussed this issue over the last few years. For that price range their are more than half a dozen brands I would choose before Swaro for scopes. However, I do have their HD spotter and LOVE IT!!

NF without question!
Good points I don't know anything regarding Swaro rifle scopes, but had to confess I'm so happy with my Swaro spotting scope, I could see myself jumping past asking about the points you make.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts