Swaro on the way !

Still have to make the right wind call or it's still a miss. Someday the scope will be able to do that too. Then the game have no chance. It'll be game, set and match. I wouldn't want to be on the battlefield if snipers have a scope that sets range and call perfect windage.
I'm waiting for the laser rifle that shoots perfectly flat trajectory and no wind drift. Just burn a hole right though them. But if you miss you would catch the woods on fire.
Shep

Still have to make the right wind call or it's still a miss. Someday the scope will be able to do that too. Then the game have no chance. It'll be game, set and match. I wouldn't want to be on the battlefield if snipers have a scope that sets range and call perfect windage.
I'm waiting for the laser rifle that shoots perfectly flat trajectory and no wind drift. Just burn a hole right though them. But if you miss you would catch the woods on fire.
Shep
I'm afraid technology has gotten out of hand in the hunting world. No longer seems fair chase with way too much advantage going to the hunter.

20200419_123130.jpg

Here's a picture of mine. Even with a McMillan Lazzeroni Sporter style stock with the high cheek piece it sits too high.

Dang that is up there. Why are they all mounted so high. Doesn't anyone make lower rings for they scope.
Shep

I have some rings ordered from Warne that should lower it a bit. When I bought the scope it came with the mount so I used it.

OR says: "
  • Infrared, night vision, laser or any other sight that projects a beam to the target, including scopes with electronic rangefinders and scopes that receive information from any electronic device."
How do you spell "beyond stupid".

Kalifornia Norte' !!

Yeah, its a bummer that the valley has recieved so many California transplants, and controls the politics anymore.

Dang that is up there. Why are they all mounted so high. Doesn't anyone make lower rings for they scope.
Shep

I think the left and right hand were not talking.

The mount combined with a rail would be fine for a 60 or 70 mm objrctive lens.

I modified a Weaver base that dropped it .2" but still too high. What is needed is as low a rail as possible combined with real low rings.

I've talked to every mount maker and the lowest rings I've found are 1.1" center height, the Talley mount is 1.25".

In the meantime, an adjustable cheekpoece is required, like this new Tikka.

UPR_hero.png

That's a cool Tikka haven't seen this one yet.
Some is bound to make some lower mounts for that scope soon.
Shep

have the same swaro, put it on my APR 6.5-284. there is a 1500 range close to me. was dead on up to 900 yds. at 1000 it was shooting way low. took it off and tried my NF actr and used the same ballistic figures in my AB app. dead on to as far as I was allowed to shoot at 1500.

as far as swaro it would be great for my south texas rig where 600 yds is tops and fast aquisition in senderos is key but will not be going on my NM pronghorn hunt where shots can be way out there

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.