Swaro compare - EL vs. EL Range

jpfrog

I'm considering a pair of Swaros for a 40th birthday present to myself, but I haven't told the wife yet which is why I'm still alive enough to post this question on here.

For those of you that have looked through both, is there any noticeable difference? I'm assuming the glass is the same, but anything else? Is the weight much different on the range vs. the non range? Does the interface get in the way? Other considerations?

I'm primarily going to be using these in known locations where I am familiar with distances already, but it would be nice to not have to carry an extra gadget when going to new places or just to keep myself honest where I already hunt.

Thanks in advance!

I couldn't get past the the ranging data being crooked while looking through them. It caused me to tilt my head to make it square with the world. If your eyes are spaced wide enough you wouldn't have that issue. With that said, I went with the EL no rangefinder. Nicest glass I have ever looked through.

on edit: if your eyes are spaced tightly together it would straighten the display out.

Murf

Last edited:
Ah didn't realize that. I would still go with the range. Swarovision is more vibrant but non swaro are just as clear.

I have the EL RF... and the companion 8x30s they are great..I sold my SLC 10x42 and my Leica trinovids...and a range finder I had and just went with the EL RF...I still like the companion for guided hunts when I'm not the one looking all the time. I looked at the pure and was not totally bowled over...when you get to that level--it is the level of good your going for.

The EL Range do not have the "rolling ball" effect. I suffer from motion sickness, and the rolling ball (I think referred to as Swarovision or field flattening) would cause me problems. I have the EL Range, and can look through them all day with no problem. The glass is spectacular, to me anyway.

My EL Range are my go-to binos. I own other Swarovski binos but the range are the ones I can't live without

I am wondering if the NL Pure will come out with a range finder model. I think the EL ranges are great and I am kind of in the market but I am holding out for next level technology.

I have not used the EL with SV but love my EL range. I love the RF ability and the glass is seriously fantastic. With glass this good, I would not give up the RF for slightly better glass. It would have to be WAY better.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.