Swap some powder???

OK fellas, I've searched high and low since January for some 4831 powder to load my weatherby 270 mag with.. With zero luck (no surprise huh) this is my last shot.. I have several different powders and I'm looking to swap, buy, beg... Deer season is almost here and I am in a bit of a bind. I have some 4350, 1000 7625 4227 4064 2400 231 748 and I think a couple of more
I would like to get at least a half pound, Id swap out a half pound of any of those in return plus some money. Someone, somewhere has to have some.. Go figure out of all the loads we worked up, that my gun would like it the best. Three bullets in a nickel @100 yards.. I don't want to mess with that.
Thank you!
Sorry guys, I'm right outside New Orleans

OK fellas, I've searched high and low since January for some 4831 powder to load my weatherby 270 mag with.. With zero luck (no surprise huh) this is my last shot.. I have several different powders and I'm looking to swap, buy, beg... Deer season is almost here and I am in a bit of a bind. I have some 4350, 1000 7625 4227 4064 2400 231 748 and I think a couple of more
I would like to get at least a half pound, Id swap out a half pound of any of those in return plus some money. Someone, somewhere has to have some.. Go figure out of all the loads we worked up, that my gun would like it the best. Three bullets in a nickel @100 yards.. I don't want to mess with that.
Thank you!
And sorry about the late response, my parish(County) got hammered hard by the hurricane. The eye passed about ten mile to the west of us, so we got the worse of it. I've been here 30 years and have stayed for every hurricane since. This was not like any other. I had 120 mph sustained winds for almost 7 hours and gusts from 160 to 180mph according to the dow plant 2 miles down the road
My cell service is horrible still, I just got power last week and still have zero internet. I'm saying new orleans but I'm actually a little southwest of there. Figured no one would have ever heard of Hahnville lol
To the ones who said they had some, I'd greatly appreciate you getting back with me. Thank you again!

My lgs had 1 lb cans I will check with them for you if you like.Actual price plus shipping.I am north of Dallas.

Last edited:
Clinton has it.Not cheap but there it is.PS I have never used them use due diligence, call them first.
I've been trying to call, all I get is a busy signal. May be my phone, phone service is still spotty here, but thank you, I'll keep trying. Forgive my ignorance, but where is that, I saw its in Clinton but I didn't see the name of the place other than sporting goods and I can't find it on the web lol.

Scrap Clintons they are Canadian I just called can not ship to US.I will check my locals and let you know .Last week they had it.

In My 270 Weatherby Mag ( its a Weatherby Mark V) I use H 4831 for the 150 Grn Nosler ABLR and I use IMR 4350 for the 130 Grn Nosler Ballistic tips. If you shoot any 130 Grn Bullets you might want to try IMR 4350.

In My 270 Weatherby Mag ( its a Weatherby Mark V) I use H 4831 for the 150 Grn Nosler ABLR and I use IMR 4350 for the 130 Grn Nosler Ballistic tips. If you shoot any 130 Grn Bullets you might want to try IMR 4350.
If I hadn't seen how good my gun shot with the 4831, I'd try it. Touching holes at a 100 yards is going to be hard to beat. That's the only reason.