Surplus powder

1000yards

Have a jug (or two) of this powder. River Valley Ordnance, Harvester,Mo. Anyone have any load data on this? I have a bunch of fire-forming to do and hoped to use this up, so precise data is not needed. It will be a mild load. Thanks for any input!

Attachments

• powder.jpg
    powder.jpg
    854.9 KB · Views: 200
It would have been nice, had they supplied the military spec numbers! Hopefully, someone has experience with these folks and this powder! Good luck ! memtb

I got lucky a number of years ago and got a few 8 lbs jugs CHEAP of pulled down from M2 ball ammo that was stick powder IMR 4895. It shoots within what a normal lot number change of current production powder is.

I got lucky a number of years ago and got a few 8 lbs jugs CHEAP of pulled down from M2 ball ammo that was stick powder IMR 4895. It shoots within what a normal lot number change of current production powder is.
I am guessing this is close (enough) to 4831. Either way it is working great for what I needed! ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.