Surplus powder

Steve Metz

LRH Team Member
Have a jug (or two) of this powder. River Valley Ordnance, Harvester,Mo. Anyone have any load data on this? I have a bunch of fire-forming to do and hoped to use this up, so precise data is not needed. It will be a mild load. Thanks for any input!

Attachments

• powder.jpg
    powder.jpg
    854.9 KB · Views: 54

memtb

It would have been nice, had they supplied the military spec numbers! Hopefully, someone has experience with these folks and this powder! Good luck ! memtb

RT2506

I got lucky a number of years ago and got a few 8 lbs jugs CHEAP of pulled down from M2 ball ammo that was stick powder IMR 4895. It shoots within what a normal lot number change of current production powder is.

Steve Metz

LRH Team Member
I got lucky a number of years ago and got a few 8 lbs jugs CHEAP of pulled down from M2 ball ammo that was stick powder IMR 4895. It shoots within what a normal lot number change of current production powder is.
I am guessing this is close (enough) to 4831. Either way it is working great for what I needed! ;)

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.