• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Surgeon Remedy XL .338 Lapua

jcathunter

As much as I absolutely hate to do this, Idaho has a 16lb weight limit on hunting rifles so, I'm selling my Surgeon Remedy XL .338 Lapua. It has about 900 rounds fired. When I weighed it, it was just under 19lbs and the rifle shoots to well to compromise any part of it to shed 3lbs. It has a fat bastard brake, two 5rnd mags, mcmillan A-5 with sniper fill and adjustable cheek piece, etc. I will sell it with 200 new brass, around 100 used brass, Redding competition dies, starlight case, for $4700. If a person wants to buy it as it sits, ready to hunt with a nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56 with zero stop, nightforce rings, ACI, Level the price is $6700.
IMG_3206_zps67c8235d.jpg
IMG_3200_zps4b9396a1.jpg

Forgot to mention that I will entertain some trade offers. I would trade for a Toyota tacoma 4x4 with a 2.7 and 5 speed, partial trade for an AR (nothing too fancy, just need a truck gun), I also have a soft spot for Remington 700 BDL's with the wood stock. Sorry but I'm not interested in other custom long range guns as I plan to have a friend build me another rifle.

i built a 338 Khan around the 13 lb area for the purpose of hunting. Other than barrel contour and the beef on the surgeon action, im guessing your bulk is from the nf optics and the stock (especially if its a sniper fill). I think by swapping component your weight limit could be met. I boast a 31" barrel on my Khan in a standard fill A2 (no comb hardware) with a fairly light optic system and it finishes at about 13 lbs, not a Christensen's by any means but legal to hunt with. Just my $0.02. i imagine selling a gun like that is like picking which one of your parents you love more. Good luck with which ever way you choose.

i built a 338 Khan around the 13 lb area for the purpose of hunting. Other than barrel contour and the beef on the surgeon action, im guessing your bulk is from the nf optics and the stock (especially if its a sniper fill). I think by swapping component your weight limit could be met. I boast a 31" barrel on my Khan in a standard fill A2 (no comb hardware) with a fairly light optic system and it finishes at about 13 lbs, not a Christensen's by any means but legal to hunt with. Just my $0.02. i imagine selling a gun like that is like picking which one of your parents you love more. Good luck with which ever way you choose.
I believe that the bare rifle weight is right around 16lbs and I'm not willing to compromise the rifle to meet the weight requirement. I'd rather let someone else enjoy it the way it is than to alter it.

Am I correct in assuming that your rifle has a Krieger barrel? What kind of groups does it shot and at what distance? Do you have reloading data?
Thank you
Larry

The rifle was built by Surgeon so I do not know what brand barrel they used. When I developed the load I am shooting, I used the OCW method and it was tough because the rifle shot so consistently. At 100yds, it will shoot into one dime sized hole all day long. The best group I've ever shot with it in the woods at 600yds was 5 shots inside 2 inches. I've only had one day I was able to do that, though. I'm not that good. I'd have to look but I believe I am using either 91.4 or 92.4 grains of Reloader 25 with a 250gr Lapua Scenar. I have the fps listed at 2925 in my ballistic program.

Rifles | Surgeon Rifles
Here is a link to the surgeon page for specs. The rifle has the jewell trigger, barrel flutes, FB brake, kmw bolt knob (no longer available), adjustable cheek piece, as add ons to the base price.

I would also be interested in Professional HD video equipment for part trade.

Would you be willing to split up the brass/dies from the package?

I'll only split if the buyer of the rifle chooses not to buy the brass and dies with the rifle.

I want to point out that the price is not OBO. I will sell for $6500 cash in hand or $6700 trade or I will keep it and use it to hunt states other than Idaho.

" Idaho has a 16lb weight limit on hunting rifles" was stated in this post.
What is the purpose of limiting a hunting rifle to 16 lbs. To me this would not make sense as if they have a weight restriction would they also not have a caliber min and max restriction?

After talking with my gunsmith, we just can't figure out a way to lighten the rifle without compromising its value so it is back up for sale. Please don't ask me to separate anything because nothing will be sold until the rifle is sold. This rifle is in great shape but I use my stuff so there may be signs of use in the cerakote. I still have the box and paperwork for the scope. This is a Surgeon Remedy XL and was built by surgeon. In my opinion, it is the finest rifle made. The serial number is 000**