• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Surgeon 6.5x47 lapua. Turn key set up w/ nightforce

Just wondering, what are California's laws concerning a "lead free gun." I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this.

CA just passed no lead bullets for the whole state for hunting. My buddy lives there and has one gun he shoots just copper and another he takes out of state. 6.5s have very few copper bullet options compared to a 30 cal. If I wasn't waiting for a creedmoor. This gun would be hard to pass up.

CA just passed no lead bullets for the whole state for hunting. My buddy lives there and has one gun he shoots just copper and another he takes out of state. 6.5s have very few copper bullet options compared to a 30 cal. If I wasn't waiting for a creedmoor. This gun would be hard to pass up.

The 6.5 x47 i have shot was shooting Barnes TTSX bullets that are lead free gon shot great. I have loaded allot of those X bullets my uncle is in Africa right know with some that i loaded and i have been told to have more on the way so i can load up more when they get back for our whitetail. :D The x bullets are extremely deadly and i have made out to thousand yard shots with them in my .308.

I myself have used the 168 and 130 ttsx in my 308 and 300 rum. Tried them when NY wanted to ban lead bullets. They work fine for me. But if you don't reload the ammo is super expensive.
:cool: you must have thought I only shoot bergers.....

Oh and bump.

Yes sir Cali sucks haha. This gun is throated for bore rider bullets and the Barnes don't seem to get along with it. But it loves lapua scenars and Bergers.

Some, suggestions if I may.
1. Please start new post with pics or add here. High end equipment deserves pics.
2. Some groups at some distance with load data, environmental data helps build some trust.
3. If you can't sell, try separating the scope and rifle.
4. If all else fails get in to reloading figure out a .5 moa copper load and workout a bit.

Good luck.