SUREFIRE LIGHTS - does anybody use them?

Ian M

Interested to know if anyone owns Surefire lights, looking for some opinions Pros and Cons, what models do you have, battery life, quality of light, ruggedness, anybody tried the blue filter that is supposed to illuminate blood?

Carry one on duty every day. Tough as anything out there, as bright as a 5 cell mag light, and always there when you need it. Battery life depends on useage and temp.

but can you beat someone sensless with a surefire? Gotta love the 8 D Cell mag lights for protection
grin.gif

[ 10-31-2003: Message edited by: J Schulze ]

I used a 9p defender (im not sure about the name.. its a 9volt surefire) when i was i Kosovo, real nice to have in the belt! And a lot of light! some used the issued 4 cell maglite, but my thiny little surfire was much better! and no need for beating som to death with it.. we carried a glock so..

Still carry the 5 cell but the surefire is always there when you need it. Like when they bail and you have to chase them down and realize you didn't grab the maglight before the fun started. It also works better than a roll of quarters!

Ian--
I have the Z2 Combatlight and I carry it at work and off-duty, to include hunting. It is simply the best light out there for the size and weight. You can't go wrong with the Surefire...

Most have either 60 or 65 lumens, 60 to 70 minutes continuous run time, all have flawless white beams and are all but unbreakable. The G2BK is $34, and is about perfect for hunting with the blue filter(makes blood turn yellow), and red filter(deer cant see it).

Simply put- They are the best flashlights in the world.
wink.gif

I am planning on getting the new G2 model. It should be bright enough.

The blue really turns blood yellow? without luminol

..The blue really turns blood yellow?..

Afraid that is just not right - been trying them. Sounds so good but no luck.

..The blue really turns blood yellow?..

Afraid that is just not right - been trying them. Sounds so good but no luck.

Ian its not working for you? We have used them several times. Works like it's supossed to. For me it turns the ground a brown color and blood has a slight tint of yellow. It does not make it glow just gives it a slightly different color.
smile.gif

I have used the "Combatlight Z3" for almost a year now.... Helluva bright light, and very comfortable with the rubber washers to aid in grip... Only downside is that the batteries it uses arent cheap....

Started using it while bouncing in a New Orleans Strip Club while paying for college tuition last October, now using it on the streets of New Orleans in full time EMS/Rescue work.....

HTH,

Squatch........

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.