Sure like LRH Forum.

jpndave

Maeve is a pretty girl! 40lbs is perfect. I agree more joy with the dogs hunting than anything else.

HNDLDR

Nice to see all the bird hunters on here. I guess I need to monitor this part of the forum a little closer.

ElkSurgeon

She's not a pointer, Braque d'Auvergne is the breed, though they do point well. They hunt closer in not as far out as pointers/setters do. She is still lots of pup. I haven't had her up hunting in Idaho. Lots of "bird" in this one. She'll be awesome if I do my part. Hopefully life will allow it.
Characteristics sounds similar to my Vizsla....He will not hunt unless he can see me, turns into a sissy. Won’t hunt for any of my buddies either unless I’m right there with them 🙄. I’m guessing Vizslas were bred that way? Not sure....

Attachments

epoletna

Vizlas are incredibly tuned into their owner. Every Vizla I have ever seen is watching his owner all the time, waiting for clues about what he/she wants and what is coming next. Extremely tuned-in dogs.

Bingoc

LRH Team Member
I do have a young male golden that is very skittish. Any tips on breaking a dog into gunfire slowly. He jumps at the sound of the slide racking on my pistol. I don’t know if he will ever be a gun dog.
Get a copy of "Training Your Retriever" by James Lamb Free and follow it to the letter. You and your retriever will bond in no time.

Threerun

I know this thread is a month old, but I'd like to say our NAVHDA chapter has some awesome folks- at least the core group. It's training season so we'll be out there in the field with our 3 dogs. However I can surely say that there are some folks that are complete and utter jack wagons- especially on test days. Most of them are not 'regulars' but bring their pups in for the NA test. They bitch and moan when things don't go their way. I (we) just ignore them and move along.. It comes with the territory me thinks..

Look for a good local group if you want some good kinship.

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce