Supreme Court Ruling on Roe v Wade

The idea that it is impossible, or too expensive to adopt a kid in the US is absolutely garbage. I adopted my baby girl a year ago this month. Hollywood and rumors keep everyone convinced of this malarkey. I have heard rhat song and dance all of my life, and I thought we'd be spending our life savings on the adoption process. It is simply not that way at all. It is more expensive than it should be, and it takes an insignificant amount of time and some house visits, some minor paperwork, and whatnot, but it is not that bad. I've spent more money on this sight on a scope or a rifle than the entire process cost. So, let's stop perpetrating that lie. It isn't that bad. And adopting my baby is the best decision I've ever made in my life. She is the best thing that has ever happened in my life. Everyone who can afford it, and give them a loving home, should adopt children. This is my whole world.
Agreed 100%.

Wife and I adopted two USA born babies. Paperwork and home visits, some travel and a few minor bumps in the road but if you're a person or good moral character and no criminal history it's not that bad.

We are by no means "rich". We work hard for our compensation, we are an average middle class family and we made it work…..twice!

Jmack

Agreed 100%.

Wife and I adopted two USA born babies. Paperwork and home visits, some travel and a few minor bumps in the road but if you're a person or good moral character and no criminal history it's not that bad.

We are by no means "rich". We work hard for our compensation, we are an average middle class family and we made it work…..twice!

Jmack
I'll stop short of calling it a cop out when people use this as an excuse as to why they don't adopt, but I don't take kindly to the folks who spread the misinformation that discourages people from pursuing adoptions. Like you said, the process is not what many people think it is, and it is nowhere near the chore I was prepared for. I think if people knew how reasonable it was, there would be less children without loving families. Even for the people who have really limited capital, but otherwise qualify, there are about a million charitable organizations out there that will happily help with the costs. The misinformation people freely toss around who don't know the truth is dangerous.

Recent Posts