Suppressor?

I know what you mean... I have a Ruger MK III pistol that isn't threaded. So... I did this yesterday (Ruger MKIV)
View attachment 500995
Is it normal to buy a pistol to fit a suppressor :)
NIce rig - bull-barrel for the win! And yes, buying a pistol to fit the suppressor, quite rational. My SiCo Sparrow beget a Ruger 22/45 and a Leupold Deltapoint for squirrel and varmint medicine. The kids love shooting it. Wicked accurate.

While on the topic of supressors, is it ok to frequently remove and install a suppressor, for example when transporting a rifle to and from a range in a case or for airline travel, etc?
Yes, no worries removing and reinstalling. If you use a dedicated attachment via a muzzle device (eg: SiCo's ASR mounts), check fitment regularly and allow plenty of time to cool down after a shooting session. Follow your mfg recommendations as to use of crush washers or not. And always ensure you've fully threaded the suppressor to the host (or adapters). Carry an insulated leather (welder's) glove and all tools to assemble/disassemble. During shooting sessions, periodically check that suppressor is fully threaded onto host - they can shoot loose. #bafflestrikesExpensive

I have an older SilencerCo Warlock 22 that I use for my .22lr and 17HMR. There is still a crack when using standard or high velocity ammo but when using subsonic ammo, it's super quiet. I've used Gemtech or Aguilla subsonic with good results on small game.
I have a bad case of tinnitus so use a suppressor as much as possible on all of my rifles.

NIce rig - bull-barrel for the win! And yes, buying a pistol to fit the suppressor, quite rational. My SiCo Sparrow beget a Ruger 22/45 and a Leupold Deltapoint for squirrel and varmint medicine. The kids love shooting it. Wicked accurate.
I've been besieged by scorpions and mice lately. I had a mouse in a glue trap yesterday so I took it outside and shot it with the Ruger. 5 times 😶‍🌫️ :D A hit every time. Just making sure :D

I just pulled the trigger (pun intended) on another Dead Air Mask. It won't be long and a few more cans will get out of jail. No sense in wasting a good case of PO about having to go thru the process of buying a firearm for something that wouldn't fire a round if I tried. It's not a firearm. It's not lethal. Real life isn't a James Bond movie.

I have an older SilencerCo Warlock 22 that I use for my .22lr and 17HMR. There is still a crack when using standard or high velocity ammo but when using subsonic ammo, it's super quiet. I've used Gemtech or Aguilla subsonic with good results on small game.
I have a bad case of tinnitus so use a suppressor as much as possible on all of my rifles.
Once I shot one I don't even like shooting without one on anything anymore, especially hunting. I can get enough ear protection shooting off the bench, but I like to hear when I'm hunting, and then I can't hear after the shot lol. I have a 28 Nosler threaded, a 6.5CM, and 22-250, love them all with the cans. I have two more arriving Monday, just got the email. Bought them March 21st of this year, so that went fairly quickly compared to the first one.

Once I shot one I don't even like shooting without one on anything anymore, especially hunting. I can get enough ear protection shooting off the bench, but I like to hear when I'm hunting, and then I can't hear after the shot lol. I have a 28 Nosler threaded, a 6.5CM, and 22-250, love them all with the cans. I have two more arriving Monday, just got the email. Bought them March 21st of this year, so that went fairly quickly compared to the first one.
That's not a terribly long wait... and in time for the holidays. I "hear" you about about shooting w/o cans - one becomes attuned to what firearms "can" be w/suppressors and shooting w/o seems savage. We have simply stepped off the firing line and waited for unsuppressed guns w/muzzle brakes are finished. Not worth the headache.

That's not a terribly long wait... and in time for the holidays. I "hear" you about about shooting w/o cans - one becomes attuned to what firearms "can" be w/suppressors and shooting w/o seems savage. We have simply stepped off the firing line and waited for unsuppressed guns w/muzzle brakes are finished. Not worth the headache.
My 28 had a muzzle brake and it was awful, absolutely deafening.

My 28 had a muzzle brake and it was awful, absolutely deafening.
In the same noisy boat with the 28. Went to Africa a couple years ago with it and the PH asked me to take the brake off.
What can are you using on the 28?

In the same noisy boat with the 28. Went to Africa a couple years ago with it and the PH asked me to take the brake off.
What can are you using on the 28?
The Bannish 30 from Silencer Central, it's been great, two more are scheduled to arrive today. I wish I would have waited for this two for one sale they have going on now, but they paid for my tax stamps on these two, so it worked out OK. I definitely want one for my rimfires, wish I had one as a young man, my ears probably wouldn't ring nearly as bad as they do now lol.

Wish there were suppressors when I started hunting 50+ years ago. Too many shotgun blasts squirrel hunting have reduced my hearing levels. All my squirrel rigs are suppressed now. Not only saves what hearing is left, but it also does little to disturb the woods when a shot is taken.

I have a Thunderchicken on my .300 Blackout AR that I shoot subsonics in. Very quiet. With SuperSonics it is still quiet but you hear the crack. For a test, I tried it on my 10-22 with subsonics from Tennant. It was Hollywood quiet and still very accurate at 100 yards.
This rifle has a Volquartsen barrel and has always been a shooter. I was advised not to use the suppressor for extended useage on the 22 because it will carbon up excessively.
Probably will buy a dedicated unit but I am already waiting for one to come off hold for my Glock.

I won't buy a non-threaded hunting gun, rimfire or centerfire. Latest is an Sig 322 with factory red dot; supressed of course. Only one squirrel and a racoon so far, but the 20 round mag is nice.
Me too. Exception is pistols. If I had a suppressor on my carry gun, it would make me way more endowed looking. Too much attention from the gals. My wife wouldn't be happy. Plus you burn you junk off when reholstering.