Suppressor

laker

I'm looking at buying my first suppressor to put on a howa mini 223. Wanting to keep it lighter weight and keep the length down. What do you guys recommend?

lots of good suppressors out there to pick from these days. I'd suggest that you go to a dealer near you and handle a few and then make your decision.
With that said, I agree with N. Idaho hunter, the Ultra 7 TBAC is really good. Love mine. Buy I also like my SAS too.

+1 for SilencerCo Harvester. At 11 oz. it will check that box. As another poster said, don't buy caliber specific. Only downside to the Harvester is that it's not full-auto rated, so long rapid fire strings (if that's your cup of tea) are not recommended, but it can handle everything up to 300 WM.

I'm looking at buying my first suppressor to put on a howa mini 223. Wanting to keep it lighter weight and keep the length down. What do you guys recommend?
Recommend buying one rated for 300 win mag so you can put it on everything. Rather than buy several suppressors.
If you want one exclusively for a bolt gun then buy whatever tickles your fancy. Surefire makes some pretty stubby little cans.
If You want one for semi-auto (AR) then buy the OSS. Blowback of poison gasses will soon be common knowledge. OSS has figured that out and has developed a suppressor design that will change the game in the next few years. Even DOD solicitations insist on a zero blowback capability.
Alot of vets. I know have respiratory and blood issues from breathing all the toxic blowback gasses cause by shooting suppressed semi-auto's.
On a bolt gun none of that matters. But on a semi-auto you can smell, taste, and feel the gasses in your face from a standard baffle type suppressor.
Check out silencershop.com They will walk you through the whole process.

Recommend buying one rated for 300 win mag so you can put it on everything. Rather than buy several suppressors.
If you want one exclusively for a bolt gun then buy whatever tickles your fancy. Surefire makes some pretty stubby little cans.
If You want one for semi-auto (AR) then buy the OSS. Blowback of poison gasses will soon be common knowledge. OSS has figured that out and has developed a suppressor design that will change the game in the next few years. Even DOD solicitations insist on a zero blowback capability.
Alot of vets. I know have respiratory and blood issues from breathing all the toxic blowback gasses cause by shooting suppressed semi-auto's.
On a bolt gun none of that matters. But on a semi-auto you can smell, taste, and feel the gasses in your face from a standard baffle type suppressor.
Check out silencershop.com They will walk you through the whole process.
Interested in this OSS. I shoot piston guns suppressed, but there's still a lot of gas and carbon in the air when your face is that close to an open bolt. Thanks for posting.