Suppressor on carbon fiber barrel

JTH

I've got suppressors on a couple of rifles and overall the pro's far outweigh the con's. The main con's being the added length to the rifle, and the added weight /imbalance making the gun heavy on the end of the barrel. When sling carrying, the rifle wants to roll over, barrel tip down. I'm wondering if having a carbon fiber barrel would help resolve this, bringing the overall barrel weight down so the buttstock, receiver and magazine full of ammo outweigh the barrel end?

Anyone have experience with this?

Yep, I use suppressors on my steel and carbon wrapped barrels. For hunting set-ups, I look for balance over total weight. If you're looking for a barrel longer than about 22", carbon wrapped barrels really start making sense.

I've got suppressors on a couple of rifles and overall the pro's far outweigh the con's. The main con's being the added length to the rifle, and the added weight /imbalance making the gun heavy on the end of the barrel. When sling carrying, the rifle wants to roll over, barrel tip down. I'm wondering if having a carbon fiber barrel would help resolve this, bringing the overall barrel weight down so the buttstock, receiver and magazine full of ammo outweigh the barrel end?

Anyone have experience with this?
It would help for carry. However adding the suppressor weight counter acts the carbon barrel to some degree. Biggest deal for me has been the point of impact shift.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.