Suppressor leak and tube cracked

I know you can get suppressors baffles replaced by other manufactures, but the serialized tube is gonna be hard to replace.
I competent welder can repair that. Since the damage is on the name and not the serial number, the entire name can be filled with weld material to restore the strength of the tube. The caveat is that you can not leave the suppressor at the welder, you will have to arrange a time that he can perform the repairs while you wait; literally by his side according to the law.

If the serial number area cracks, get a new piece of material, have the serial number engraved on it then have that welded as a patch over the original serial number.

This can be performed in a couple of hours for a couple hundred dollars. Less time and money than a new stamp for a replacement tube.

The suppressor is being replaced for free and YHM covered the tax stamp as well. But it's still going to be a 9 month to year wait. I'm going to ask my ffl to contact the atf and see if they can expedite the stamp to get it quicker because it is a warranty repair.

The suppressor is being replaced for free and YHM covered the tax stamp as well. But it's still going to be a 9 month to year wait. I'm going to ask my ffl to contact the atf and see if they can expedite the stamp to get it quicker because it is a warranty repair.
Huh? Warranty repairs shouldn't require a new stamp.

Thanks, son sent SS email earlier and will try to reach out to them eraly next week.

I have had 6" Nemsis for over year now and all good. This was BIG surprise to find this.
It is a known issue and they can be repaired by another company but I don't know who that is you may try to do a search on this forum to find out

I'd be so disgusted I would put it in the back of my safe, forget it, and buy one from another company. Most have an easy way to replace the whole suppressor if needed. I have a Silencerco and the whole outside tube, which is serialized comes off, they slip a new baffle system in and I'm done. I'm not sure I would even have to send it back to do this.

In case anyone has a similar issue, Silencer Shop today told me they have a 90 day satisfaction warranty and a defective can that was purchased through them could be returned for a credit. They also said the would not honor such a return if you purchased the suppressor using your LGS, even if that LGS is a SS approved dealer, used their kiosk and their website in the process. It sound like SS isn't there to support the local stores...

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.