Suppressor leak and tube cracked

Blancoalex

We just got this Crux 338 archangel suppressor. After firing we notice leaking gas and carbon build at the mount thread joint. And then after looking closer we found the tube cracking at the C & R on Crux stamp.

We assume this unsafe to use and come to find out Crux is out of business. Any suggestions on how get it fixed.

Hate to loose all dollars and time we already have invested in this.
20200410_192033.jpg

Attachments

• 20200410_175604.jpg
    20200410_175604.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 166
Thanks, son sent SS email earlier and will try to reach out to them eraly next week.

I have had 6" Nemsis for over year now and all good. This was BIG surprise to find this.

I recently read on the ar15 site that a guy had one of these that had never been fired and cracked the way yours did, through the top of the engraved letters. Anyway, I'm sorry, because I don't think it can be repaired (or would cost more than buying a new one). Even if Cruz was still in business for them to replace your serial-numbered tube would require a new stamp. And you just waited two years! Just a bad deal.

I know you can get suppressors baffles replaced by other manufactures, but the serialized tube is gonna be hard to replace.
I personally think you are probably out of luck, silencer shops is just a middle man and due to federal laws cant do much for you.

Try F1 firearms, it was rumored that they bought out Crux and are machining parts and creating a new company name. There were rumors that they were offering discounts on a new suppressor if you turn in your old cracked tube (a common problem for crux cans)

Nick at Ecco machine totally rebuilt my form1 can. (Though not the tube) I'd give him a call and see if theres any way he could help you out.

its a long shot, but sorry to say every option you have is a long shot at this point.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.