Suppressor goo

squawberryman

I only own one suppressor and love what it does. I do NOT like cleaning it. I have been using anti seize between the baffles to aid in disassembly to clean. What are you guys using?

With nothing on the inside, how do you separate the baffles upon disassembly? My new avatar is for a reason sir. Please dumb it down for me. The can is a Huntertown arms, Ti 22. Typical baffle setup with screw on ends. Thank you

I clean my rimfire cans after about 50 rounds or after every use (if shooting more than 50). Baffles come apart easy if you don't let it get too dirty. There is a suppressor cleaning thread with some ideas as well. One method of making them easier to clean and less prone to sticking, is once you do have it very clean, bake the baffles in oven around 160 just long enough to heat up, then drop in DOT5 silicone brake fluid overnight. Really works well to keep build up from sticking.

With nothing on the inside, how do you separate the baffles upon disassembly? My new avatar is for a reason sir. Please dumb it down for me. The can is a Huntertown arms, Ti 22. Typical baffle setup with screw on ends. Thank you
Threads on end caps only internal should be taken apart and clean for rimfire enough where it shouldn't be a problem centerfire rifle's I don't have a problem with cleaning as of yet but my baffles are welded only end caps are threaded. It can be cleaned fairly easy.

Last edited:
Thank you fellas. I'm not OCD about it but I don't want to run into a situation my buddy Scott says is "Clearly a case of over maintenance". It's not the cleaning that I'm looking for, it's keeping the baffles from sticking together. I'll try the brake fluid method