Suppressor for a 30-378 Wby

rodneymoncrief

I have a HS Precision PLR in 30-378 and I'm wanting to buy a suppressor for it. I want as light and compact suppressor as I can for this caliber. I also have a 300 Wby and 280 AI that I would like to move the suppressor from one rifle to another. I would like some suggestions on brands and models of suppressors. I travel to several different countries mountain hunting and was wondering what countries do and don't allow suppressors? Thanks

Due to the huge powder capacity of the 30-378 you'll most likely have to step up to a 338 Lapua rated suppressor. TBAC 338 Ultra is the gold standard in the class but none of them are light or compact . I'm not aware of any .30 cal suppressor that is rated for a 30-378 , most are rated for 300 WM and a few for 300 RUM.

Due to the huge powder capacity of the 30-378 you'll most likely have to step up to a 338 Lapua rated suppressor. TBAC 338 Ultra is the gold standard in the class but none of them are light or compact . I'm not aware of any .30 cal suppressor that is rated for a 30-378 , most are rated for 300 WM and a few for 300 RUM.

That's what I was afraid of with that large case was having to get a big suppressor. Thanks for the reply

You would have to get ahold of TBAC to know for sure but burning around 120gr of powder you might even have to step up to a Cheytac sized suppressor.

I've been digging into suppressors lately and you might want to contact Rugged and or Energetic Armament about their Vox. Not sure they're good for your size case, likely not, but they offer no BS lifetime warranties.

i have a tbac 30p-1 and know that its OK for 74gr of powder. if you get an ultra its ok to 300RUM at 18" or 20" barrel (the spec is on their site). for that much powder the previous poster are correct you are going to have to get a 338 lapua can.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.