Suppressor for 6.5 PRC

It would also be good to have some background on the type of shooting you are doing, target, varmint, hunting etc.

I personally own a Hybrid 46, Nomad-TI and a Nomad L, for pure performance the Nomad L can't be beat. It is significantly quieter than the Nomad-TI which itself is quieter than the Hybrid 46. However for a hunting can the Nomad-Ti is half a pound lighter than the other two and 2" shorter.

I went with the Nomads as the ability to change mounts was preferable to me as I swap between different guns and set ups.

I bought one suppressor for use on most of what I own. It's a Liberty Mystic and I use it on my 6.5 PRC as well as other rifles and pistols. Being universal it's not the best on anything but works on most everything I have.

Ultra 7 on my 6.5 PRC with 22" Proof. Very nice combo and highly recommend it. Length is very manageable.

IMG_2406.jpg

I have an Ultra 7 CB in ATF jail.

I currently use an AAC Cyclone .30 for those type of purposes. It is about the quietest can I've encountered, but it is big and heavy and direct thread. With supersonic 300 blackout or anything else it is pretty awesome!

I shoot both a .308 Ultra 9 and a 6.5mm Ultra 7 on a 6.5SS. Even though the .308 Ultra 9 has a larger opening, it is noticeably quieter than the 6.5mm Ultra 7.

But, if I had to do it again, and only have one suppressor, it would be a .308 Ultra 7.
I run my .308 Ultra 9 on my 26" 25SST, 26" 6.5SS, .280AI.
I run my 6.5mm Ultra 7 on my 6CM, 6.5SLR, 20" 6.5SS.

I have a TBAC Dominus .308 waiting in ATF jail. Shorter than an Ultra 7 @ 6.25", lighter than a Gen 1 Ultra 7, and quieter than the Ultra 9. It will be run on another 26" lightweight 6.5SS and a 24" 7SS. Maybe a .260AI too.

These are switched up from their normal usage, but was testing to see POI shift between the two.
20200329_093938.jpg

Last edited:
"But, if I had to do it again, and only have one suppressor, it would be a .308 Ultra 7."

Exactly the conclusion I've come to. I just picked up my gen 2 Ultra 7 .30 but have yet to shoot it. I've been using a 6.5 Ultra 7 gen 1 on my 65SS. I have a Lane Scorpion Magnum (.338) which is over 9" but that extra 2" seems like more.

I will say that full speed loads with the 156 at 3050 'ish pack a little punch in a 12 lbs. rifle with the Ultra 7.

I think that dominus CB would be THE one trick pony. 6.25" I think right around 11 oz mount and can and I think they said it's right in btw the 7 and 9 for suppression. I should have a SF 7.62-TI clearing soon but I really like that dominus

I would go Rugged surge. I have a razor that I use because I shoot ar's far more often than bolt guns, but I plan on picking up a surge for dedicated bolt guns. Warranty is phenomenal.