Suppressor Choice for Large Caliber... 300wm /7mm

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Iceman83, Jul 15, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. jmvincent

jmvincent Member

Why would you need a muzzle brake the can reduces felt recoil down to less than a 6.5

2. 86alaskan

86alaskan Well-Known Member

The anchor brake that SiCO uses does help, and does reduce recoil moreover than just a suppressor. I use my anchor brake all the time, and it does help. On another note, it doesn't change the overall sound signature of the can, so why wouldn't you want all the recoil suppression possible?

Randominator likes this.
  3. MudRunner2005

MudRunner2005 Well-Known Member

I hear Crux (out of Texas) was making some nice super light cans, too. Sound good, too.

4. TN Art

TN Art New Member

I have a TBAC Ultra 9 that goes on 300WM/7MM/308 and 300BLK 8"SBR. The ULTRA nine back-pressure makes the SBR cycle perfectly. It won't run without it.
    I buy additional threaded breaks for each rifle. With 200 grain ammo the 300 BLK sounds like airsoft....

WestTexasHunter likes this.
  5. jmvincent

jmvincent Member

I have never seen a can that you could add a brake too. Seems reasonable I am not a recoil junky.

6. geocodyrgia

geocodyrgia Active Member

When I had the same question, I did a form-1 and built my own to my specs. Maybe not QUITE as quiet as a TBAC, but firing them side-by-side I can't tell a difference. Mine's 9", .30 cal and I use it on my 300BLK AR and my 6 Creed RPR. I use a Griffin Armaments taper mount. Check out the form-1 suppressor boards and build it (or have it built, minus the cores) to your specs. With a drill press you can make the cones to your liking. If you don't want the mess I'd readily suggest the TBAC. Have a buddy with one and it's impressive.

7. Thomas Culver

Thomas Culver Member

I have an sdn6 for my 223/300blk/6.8 guns and a Silencerco Saker for my precision guns with the Area 419 Hellfire setup. I run it on 30-06, 300RUM, 270 WSM, 6.5 Creedmoor, and .308 with excellent accuracy. I've shot the creedmoor out to 1000 with it with better accuracy than just a brake.

8. dan1953

dan1953 Member

I second the Sig 7.62ti, super light and works great for me.

9. idcwby

idcwby Well-Known Member

I got a Trash Panda in jail at the moment. https://www.liveqordie.com/products/trash-panda-by-q/
    Seemed the right choice for me and is was one of the lighter choices.

There are a bunch of Youtube videos out there on all of them, it’s not always the best reviewing process, but does give you an idea.

idcwby

10. WestTexasHunter

WestTexasHunter Member

I’m a fan of TBAC as well. I’d definitely go with the ultra 9 over the 7 for magnums though.

11. Ronald W Schaefer

Ronald W Schaefer Well-Known Member

I have a Thunderbeast 338 BA. I then use 5/8 X 24 adaptors from them ($135.00 ea) and leave the adapters attached to each of the rifles I want to use it on. The adapters act a muzzle brakes and interface between the barrel and suppressors. I can swap the can between rifles...one can for use on .223, .257 WM, .260, 7mm-08, 7 Rem Mag. .300 AAC/BLK, 30-06, .300 WM.

dbraun89 likes this.
  12. Smokenaces

Smokenaces Active Member

Silencerco Hybrid 46 with anchor brake. Multi-caliber options, easy to change between rifle/pistol or change accessories (front cap or mounting). I mainly run on .300 RUM, .556, and 45-70.

Iceman83 and Randominator like this.
  13. Braunschweiger

Braunschweiger Well-Known Member

I own several cans and i can tell you... TBAC Ultra 7 is what i'd run. Incredible.

14. Braunschweiger

Braunschweiger Well-Known Member

I second the TBAC Ultra 7... but I agree, I really wanna try one of the Energetic Armament VOX cans. I've watched some reviews and it is SO quiet. Not sure on POI shift or durability though.

MudRunner2005 likes this.