Suppressed Hunting Rifle Build

I usually run my loads right on the edge. Hard bolt lift and extremely dirty brass is what I experienced. Had to back loads down. If I plan on shooting a rig primarily suppressed then I develop the load with the suppressor.

I run a few rifles suppressed, dirty brass is usually on the gas guns. On bolt guns can't say that I have experienced any bolt lift with cans. On 308s I normally run M118 LRs with and without cans, I do not see any difference in bolt lifts on bolt guns.

I run a few rifles suppressed, dirty brass is usually on the gas guns. On bolt guns can't say that I have experienced any bolt lift with cans. On 308s I normally run M118 LRs with and without cans, I do not see any difference in bolt lifts on bolt guns.
Mine happened on bolt guns with heavy magnum loads. Both cans were attached to a Surefire QD Muzzle Brake attachment. One a 20" 300WSM running a 200 grain Berger and the other a 25" 300 PRC running a 215 Berger and 212 ELDX.

. If I plan on shooting a rig primarily suppressed then I develop the load with the suppressor.
I did load development a couple years ago on a 7 mag that the guy wanted to run suppressed and he didn't have the suppressor yet. I told him anytime you screw something on the end of a barrel it will change, he called Thunderbeast and said it wouldn't make a difference WELL guess what.
I recently just finished another 6.5x06AI that a friends wife wanted suppressed so I tried it with and without HUGE difference.
I wouldnt waste components if you wanna run suppressed untill its on

I did load development a couple years ago on a 7 mag that the guy wanted to run suppressed and he didn't have the suppressor yet. I told him anytime you screw something on the end of a barrel it will change, he called Thunderbeast and said it wouldn't make a difference WELL guess what.
I recently just finished another 6.5x06AI that a friends wife wanted suppressed so I tried it with and without HUGE difference.
I wouldnt waste components if you wanna run suppressed untill its on
Agree. I develop the load to run with the suppressor and then confirm good grouping when it's removed. Not much extra time or work involved. Just a few more shots taken and a differ zero adjustment more than likely also.

these load workups i did were mostly to see what i could get out of the 18" barrel and to have something to shoot while i wait.
I did and plan too work up a load for my can.
my 338 edge with my 338 ultra can doesn't seem to care at all, i can shot my normal load or the one i worked up for the can and haven't had any signs of pressure, so I'm curious to see how this setup 300wsm and the ultra 7 works out.
i will update when i get the can

Update, got my can awhile back and finally got the time to rework up my load with the ultra 7 and settle right at 64gr of h4350 with no pressure went back and shot a ten shot string for an avg of 2879 with an sd of 11.6 so i think ill play with that a little more and try to get that a little lower but pretty happy with the results. started to see pressure slight ex marks at 64.3gr
no POI move with or with out can so super happy about that

Pics

Attachments

• 20220805_120752.jpg
    20220805_120752.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 59
  • 20220731_213924.jpg
    20220731_213924.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 57