Suppressed 22-243? Which one?

SidTheKidd

For any of you fellas out there with a suppressed rifle, what can would you go with for a 22-243? Would a 5.56 can work or should a guy go with a can made for a 308? Will a 5.56 can stand up to the pressure generated by a 22-243? I would think it would but would like to know from someone who has one. Thanks in advance

I'm 99.5% sure you would blow a 223 can apart. I think a 308 can would be a better option.

That said, your 22-243 is likely sending bullets fast enough that they may rip a hole in the space time continuum. I'm not sure how much suppression you are looking to get.

Give Henry at SWR a call. He's always helpful.

Call the guys at Thunder Beast Arms, talk to Ray. I have been doing research on supressors for months now, firing, looking at and talking to literally 20+ different people about supressors. I have ordered 2 from Thunder beast (google thunder beast supressors). My research has sent me to them. I have no doubt they ate one of the tops in the field of suppression and their designs are oriented around ACCURACY first, which is of uptmost importance to me. They will answer your questions and not push to make a sale. Good people.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.