Supply chain problems-driven price craziness

I am in the oil industry----You are one funny guy. Read too many conspiracy theories. Better go check to see if the "black helicopters" are circling over your house. ;)
Meh, no helicopopters yet, but when your company continues to make record profits and there's inflation going on, the product may be complimenting the high prices. Just because you're not making the money doensn't mean your bosses and stock holder aint.

Do you know how long and how difficult it is to license a new refinery build? It takes 20 years for studies just to get it permitted and no guaranteed you will get approved. With state after state trying outlaw gas powered cars by 2035, why would anyone invest the billions of dollars in something without a future?
Elecric cars were invented before gas cars. Where was the incentive to build them back then?

It's not just limited to reloading supplies.
I finally found the Ibanez carry bag for my bass guitar in stock that I've wanted. It's been really hard to find. I put it in my cart at $42. I started looking around at other stuff, then got really busy with work. When I went back a few hours later, it was up to $50.77.
Whiskey
Tango
Foxtrot?
Guitars- even used guitars are stupid high right now-- with the inflation/intetest rate going up I'm guessing it's gonna come down soon.

5 years ago I bought a mint used mim strat for $300--- right now locally they are $600- $800. I can't see too many people paying those prices when new ones are $800 ish. American strats are in the $100-1200 range used locally too....just too high to justify right now

Global projects come on line in five years and permitting is a given. Returns are greater.
Not with nowhere to refine it! It is insane logic to say the oil companies have no incentive to build refineries but they do to open new fields.

The political climate is the same for both. Permitting considerations are extremely similar for both.

How are you going to increase supply with a refinery bottleneck? You can't. You wouldn't even try it. They buy new permits for control, plain and simple. Most never get developed at all, just owned to keep independents from getting in. They turn a tap down over here and open one over there in a shell game to manipulate tax incentives and write-offs all while driving up prices. They are a fully corrupt global monstrosity with no allegiance to God nor country.

Last edited:
Prices have been coming down on real estate, cars, phones, computers, etc... for a few months now. The areas where prices are still high are defying basic economics, ergo they are made that way on purpose.