Superior Ballistics & SMc Cartridges

Natty Bumpo

Anybody heard much about these lately. I remember reading some about their 5mm cartridge in the gun rags a couple/few years ago. I think the Savage custom shop would chamber a rifle in this cartridge, so I guess brass was available too.

Any news on new chambering availability? I saw on their website (www.superiorballistics.com) where chambering reamers and headspace gauges were available for a variety of designs, but can you get brass for these? I like the notion of designing the cartridge to wring the most out of each grain of powder for a given caliber (forgive me if I'm getting this part of it wrong).

Well, it's been 2 years since my previous post. I was looking at their website again today (www.superiorballistics.com). Doesn't appear to have changed since I last looked at it. As I stated two years ago: I like the idea of engineering cartridge design to maximize powder efficiency. But they don't appear to have gotten much traction with their idea.

Anybody have any updates?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.