SUPERFORMANCE POWDER is SUPER in 260 REM.

Thanks for posting this info Sargesniper. I just happen to have 1 lb of Superformance Powder and 2 boxes of 123 A-Max bullets. If this works I may use this for an upcoming F-Class match. These days of empty shelves has me looking more and more into the back of the powder cabinet.
By the way, I wrote Hornady an e-mail and requested load data for the Superformance/A-max combo. It'll be interesting to see what they say.

Thanks for posting this info Sargesniper. I just happen to have 1 lb of Superformance Powder and 2 boxes of 123 A-Max bullets. If this works I may use this for an upcoming F-Class match. These days of empty shelves has me looking more and more into the back of the powder cabinet.
By the way, I wrote Hornady an e-mail and requested load data for the Superformance/A-max combo. It'll be interesting to see what they say.
Hi Yaddio,Post what Hdy. says. I am interested to hear what they offer also. On the same note, Powder Valley has 8 lb canisters for $138.50. The only problem is a 30 day wait for shipping. They have a huge backlog apparently. I ordered 500 of the 123 A-Max bullets as well. I hope the 123's shoot as well as the 120's do. Have you tried both? I think the 129 SST's would really fly with this powder also. Just waiting to get my hands on some. Hornady load data says to use 123 data for the 129's in the .260. Will try them with Super Powder when i get the chance. Going to do the reference thing with the 129's also. Good luck with the upcoming match . Post results if you will. ..... SEMPER FI!

Well, never got a chance to finish the load work up. I was being pretty cautious and started at 45 grains. At 50 I still didn't see any signs of pressure. I was dodging rain storms and working up a load for my 204 as well. Superformance worked in my 204 just fine. It liked everything I threw at it though. Next time out I will shoot at 200 with the different powders I used and see how it does.

Well, never got a chance to finish the load work up. I was being pretty cautious and started at 45 grains. At 50 I still didn't see any signs of pressure. I was dodging rain storms and working up a load for my 204 as well. Superformance worked in my 204 just fine. It liked everything I threw at it though. Next time out I will shoot at 200 with the different powders I used and see how it does.
So how good/bad in the 6.5x284? I would think about 51-53 gr. will be right. I am hoping it turns out well for you. Powder Valley may still have it in 8 lb. canisters if you hurry. Thanks for getting back to us with your post. Shoot good and keep me up to date. SEMPER FI!

All of the rounds I shot out of it were 200 yards. Most started impacting near the same elevation as my current load of retumbo. From there the rounds walked up the target in elevation. I did not bother shooting a string of any weight since I was looking for a pressure node only. IF the powder is temp stable I think it has potential for sure. However, if it is not stable it will be a rock shooter for doping wind. I like having options for sure.

midsouth shooters supply has 18, 1lb jugs of superformance powder in, they are about a week behind on deliveries.

Last chrono I had died and went bye bye. I don't have access to one right now either. Perhaps my buddy can break down and buy me one. My current load is 2970. Anyway, next time out, I will find the pressure node and shoot a group. Pretty excited to see if this works out for me too. I need an option that works as well or better than retumbo for this rifle.

Last chrono I had died and went bye bye. I don't have access to one right now either. Perhaps my buddy can break down and buy me one. My current load is 2970. Anyway, next time out, I will find the pressure node and shoot a group. Pretty excited to see if this works out for me too. I need an option that works as well or better than retumbo for this rifle.
I'm on pins and needles man. I knew this powder was good when i chronographed the .260 and then saw the group size. I am hoping for a favorable report on the 6.5x284. Call in sick and get to the range for Pete's sake! Will be waiting patiently. Talk to you later. ..... SEMPER FI!

I know, me too. I have been thinking about skipping out Friday. I wanted to take off after work too but this week has been crazy with baseball games, engagement party, taekwondo, and the list goes on. Sunday is my planned day at this point. However, if the schedule this week opens I will head out.

So close. Just a couple more pressure tests and it is time to throw for groups.

I might drop a few charges and run out to do the pressure runs. I don't have to shoot at a target to do those and can do it at night or whatever. I like shooting the target to see POI compared current base load. But I guess it doesn't really matter. I would increase until I hit the pressure sign anyway.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts