Superformance loads for the 30/06

floyd kittrell

Anyone have any load data for the Superformance powder in 30/o6 . My 2 choices of bullets will be 130gr. Barnes TTSX and 168 gr. Barnes TTSX . Thank you In advance for any info , only interested in these 2 combos . Floyd

Thank you Sir , I have already started scavenging loads for the 165-168 grain Monolithics dropping 4 grains below lead core bullets and have found superformance in the E-Tip , GMX , Federal TLR EDGE and federal Trophy Bonded Tip which have a monolithic shank and a fantastic bullet design , best of both worlds . I'm an old hold out , don't like explosive bullets ( Bergers)but if I use them , I shoot the oldest cheapest easiest to make fly ever manufactured , the old Nosler ballistic tip . JMHO I'm not a true long range shooter I restrict shots to inside 700 yds for hunting , will shoot 1000 from the bench . This site is the most courteous , knowledgeable and well mannered group I have ever been involved with.

Sir I believe a lot as you do. 600 yards is a long shot. I keep my mouth shut here a lot as I believe the range that many people shoot game is ego driven or they could not get closer to a blind black lab. If they kick me off here I do not care. Think about it. The wind? Especially in the mountains. Swirl and change direction. Bullet performance. Give me a bullet that drives deep and can smash bone. Not a berger. Thin jacket target bullets are not it. Federal has a newer bullet called the edge TLR. They claim it will open down to 1300 fps. BUT it is still a solid shank bonded bullet. How does it shoot? I honestly cannot say yet. Here now the snow is deep and very cold. In in another month or so I will be able to tell you. For your 06 they make a 175 that could still get decent velocity and work to I am thinking 500. After that the velocity has dropped to where it will be getting pretty tired. I like big power and smack something. Not what you can get at stupid range.

Last edited:
I'm going to be working on a 30/06 load using the TLR bullet. There's a lot to like with that one. Very well designed, I think. But only time and load development in my rifle will tell me if I can shoot it or not.

Thank you mountainman56! That's good news to me. I'm really hoping I can get an accurate load with that bullet. Time will tell.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.