Superformance loads for the 30/06

floyd kittrell

Anyone have any load data for the Superformance powder in 30/o6 . My 2 choices of bullets will be 130gr. Barnes TTSX and 168 gr. Barnes TTSX . Thank you In advance for any info , only interested in these 2 combos . Floyd

ShootMo

Nothing specific for those bullets, but Hodgdon has two loads specified on their website for 30/06.

floyd kittrell

Thank you Sir , I have already started scavenging loads for the 165-168 grain Monolithics dropping 4 grains below lead core bullets and have found superformance in the E-Tip , GMX , Federal TLR EDGE and federal Trophy Bonded Tip which have a monolithic shank and a fantastic bullet design , best of both worlds . I'm an old hold out , don't like explosive bullets ( Bergers)but if I use them , I shoot the oldest cheapest easiest to make fly ever manufactured , the old Nosler ballistic tip . JMHO I'm not a true long range shooter I restrict shots to inside 700 yds for hunting , will shoot 1000 from the bench . This site is the most courteous , knowledgeable and well mannered group I have ever been involved with.

David Emerson

LRH Team Member
Sir I believe a lot as you do. 600 yards is a long shot. I keep my mouth shut here a lot as I believe the range that many people shoot game is ego driven or they could not get closer to a blind black lab. If they kick me off here I do not care. Think about it. The wind? Especially in the mountains. Swirl and change direction. Bullet performance. Give me a bullet that drives deep and can smash bone. Not a berger. Thin jacket target bullets are not it. Federal has a newer bullet called the edge TLR. They claim it will open down to 1300 fps. BUT it is still a solid shank bonded bullet. How does it shoot? I honestly cannot say yet. Here now the snow is deep and very cold. In in another month or so I will be able to tell you. For your 06 they make a 175 that could still get decent velocity and work to I am thinking 500. After that the velocity has dropped to where it will be getting pretty tired. I like big power and smack something. Not what you can get at stupid range.

Last edited:

ShootMo

I'm going to be working on a 30/06 load using the TLR bullet. There's a lot to like with that one. Very well designed, I think. But only time and load development in my rifle will tell me if I can shoot it or not.

ShootMo

Thank you mountainman56! That's good news to me. I'm really hoping I can get an accurate load with that bullet. Time will tell.

Latest Classifieds

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce