Super Sniper Fixed Power Scopes?

7stw

I am in the process of bulding one rifle and planning another. On the second rifle I am considering a high fixed power scope, but I;m not a millionaire or the choice would be simple. I recently was refered to www.samplelist.com and checked out the super sniper line of scopes and was intriged by the 16x target/tactical scope. I read some of the reviews that were on their website, and they seemed favorable and honest. Doe anyone have any comments or suggestions? Also my son looking for a inexpensive scope and found one that is made by OSPREY. Supposedly they are a US company, that is assembled in china, using japanese HOYA optics, which I am told are excellent. Any thoughts good or bad?lightbulbgun)Aim Small, Miss Smallgun):)

Last edited:
Have never owned a super sniper but have several buddies who love them and never had a complaint. You might also check out some of sightrons fixed power scopes supposed to be pretty good for the price plus 150 available elevation MOA. I am fixing to find out for myself in the process of buying SIII 6-24x50

I've owned several SuperSniper's.

The only complaint is the 40mm objective makes it pretty much useless for LRH at both ends of the day. Both ends of the day are quite long in the mountains of Idaho.

That is the only down side I have come across.

I've owned several SuperSniper's.

The only complaint is the 40mm objective makes it pretty much useless for LRH at both ends of the day. Both ends of the day are quite long in the mountains of Idaho.

That is the only down side I have come across.
Thanks for the input.Originally I was considering the 20x so I can do some fine target work at long distance with reasonable definition, and occasionally do some "crop damage culling" in the wee hours of the AM or PM. Then I thought if that being the case, maybe the 16x would be the way to go. I have no experience with this or any other FIXED power, except for a 4power .22 scope. Thoughts??????

7stw,

Mine was a 16X and became useless long before twilight. As soon as the east side became shaded from the sun, the west side had been shaded for much of the afternoon.

The 10X I still have is much better and is enough power for even 1k shooting though more power would be better.

All of the above is why I went with a 56 mm objective on my serious LRH scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.