Summer Time pdogs & a bonus!

That's a nice setup !! What was the wind call on the dirt in the video ?
I don't recall... as I didn't shoot him until he stopped digging about 5 minutes later. About 2 tenths I think.

Went after them today again. Got there late morning and they weren't very active... too much heat and too little breeze. I had to retreat to the air conditioning after a short time myself. Loaded 10 rounds in the magazine, killed 10 of them, and packed it up.

9sgxW5Th.jpg

DBTawFbh.jpg

It's pretty nice just east of Missouri River here in SD
Partly cloudy and 92 today
A good day for shooting PD's

Went after them today again. Got there late morning and they weren't very active... too much heat and too little breeze. I had to retreat to the air conditioning after a short time myself. Loaded 10 rounds in the magazine, killed 10 of them, and packed it up.

9sgxW5Th.jpg

DBTawFbh.jpg
Looks like you should bring a little cover of some kind. That's if the wind doesn't take it away.

Yeah that sucks. The day you take with you, you can't possibly use it. As soon as you leave it, you bake in the sun.

Got out early today before the sun had time to build power. 60 degrees at 6am and had 32 of them dead by 9am with only 30 rounds fired. Doubles are great ways to conserve ammo!

The kryptek UPF 30 hoody keeps me from getting skin cancer.
rm3xr5yh.jpg

Hey, those aren't pdogs! Partridge are eating good with the crazy thick grasshopper hatch.
lrO7eERh.jpg

Gotta watch out for those burrowing owls too! They are quite cool, but when the mirage gets up, it can be hard to tell the difference between them and a prairie dog at 600yds. Pdogs have different mannerisms though, and I always make sure I'm not going to kill one of my little buddies accidentally! This one was trying to decide if he wanted to come nibble on that headless carcass or not.
hbz3fMSh.jpg

Then there was this suicidal little fellow that popped up at 25yds and cussed me out until I snatched his melon off.
ILzOqDJh.jpg

God that is awesome!! Both look like beautiful rifles!! I'd love to try a bat action!

what mount is that holding the kestrel! That looks handy as hell attached to the tripod!!!

Pieced together RAM mounts.

You can practically mount anything to anything else with that stuff.

The red one is the old school BAT TR, integral nitrided. The tan/green rifle is a 6 Dasher on a Lone Peak Fuzion. Both quite nice.

im going to have to get myself one for sure! That is too perfect!!

beautiful rifles!! The lone peak is on the short list for me. I've been trying to get as many different actions to handle as possible and the lone peak will be next!! Been wanting one for some time. Not enough reviews on them, but whenever I do see one they are highly highly regarded.

If you can kill two birds with one stone, why not two prairie dogs with one bullet? When I was young The rats were getting after the chickens in the chicken coop one night. My grandfather taught me how to take two rats with one shot. Obviously, you know how to do this too. Excellent job sir!