Summer Time Blues:

HARPERC

The woods here are dry, and several fires going. One involves a good chunk of our shooting, and hunting area, and we're done shooting locally until it rains a bunch.

Some of it's overdue, but that's not much consolation if you're evacuated, or burned out.

How's your corner of the world faring?

Be safe out there.

The Bitterroot valley and the surrounding mountains are in the same shape as your AO.
It sucks to wait all winter to get out to shoot and we go from frozen solid to extreme fire danger.

My son and I have been able to get into the mountains only twice this year and the second time was so hot it was not fun to shoot. It is to the point I am worried about parking my Tacoma in fear of starting a fire.

I don't want to be "that guy"

We can't claim much winter, but the last few springs have been short.

Amen to not wanting to be "that guy"! A little target practice, isn't anything compared to someone else's catastrophic loss.

Due to a very wet spring/early summer the Big Horn Basin of north western wyoming has been fortunate enough to avoid any significant fires thus far. Mountain is still green and the creeks are still flowing. Shaping up to be a pretty good summer so far. Would be better if I could get some more shooting in.

I bought the biggest baddest snowblower I could find (should have went the next step, and got a rider) price was right last July-Never started it. Enough rain at the right time, and we got chest high grass, bone dry in some pastures. It got dry fast, and too scary to cut it.

I was out for 2 of the past 3 weekends busting rock chucks into bird food! 243Win mutt gun from 300-600 yards and 230gr Bergers from the 300 ultra 500-848 yards!
I have lots of home work to do....always!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.