Suggestions on rings and bases

eferry

Can anyone recommend a good set of rings and bases for a Remington Sendero SF2 300 Ultra Mag with a 4.5-14 x 50 LR Leupold VX3
(30MM TUBE)???

Love to hear opinions.

Burris signature zee rings. 30mm medium height on an EGW 20moa base. Can use the 0moa inserts or 10moa in the back zero in front for 30moa cant. The egw base is rather high so you can get away with medium zee rings. I have this set up (50mm obj scope) over a 1" dia. barrel and it just clears it by a couple mm, perfect.

On my 700P I used the Leupold STD Long Range base and Burris 30mm Signature STD High rings. I mounted a Leupold 6.5-20X50 and had plenty of clearance. Theoretically, this set up allows you to "build" in 40MOA (base 20 + ring inserts 20 = 40).
After zeroing my rifle for 300 yds I sat down one afternoon and counted the up clicks still available and I forget the exact number (237?) but had enough MOA to get to 1525yds.
That might come in handy for some folks but I don't have the range, or a range finder good enough for that yardage. Even if I did, not sure how much HP the 7mmRM has left. YMMV. JohnnyK.

Do I still need to lap the rings, even though the Signature Zee Rings has inserts?

I am a beginner and have invested $1000.00 into the scope and want to make sure I install this properly. Forgive my lack of knowledge and for asking a "dumb" question, but I simply need good advice as I am learning.

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Wow! That saves you extra work by not having to do any lapping. I am going to go with your recommendation without a doubt. I really appreciate your help and thank you for your response.

Best Regard!!!

FWIW: I've gone with Talley Lightweight ringmounts on my Remingtons and even my Coopers. No muss, no fuss, and I don't even lap them (although it couldn't hurt.)

+1 on the signature series rings -i have them on my three custom 700's.
If by chance you have maligned receiver holes or whatever -you can tune the scope with the rings rather than turn your scope knobs WAY to one side.
And add MOA also.

EGW 20 moa base and Burris 30mm Signiture rings medium height, 2 sets and Burris Black Diamond 6x-24x 50mm
Tarey
DSCN1876.jpg

That is beautiful. I absolutely love the stock you put on that.
Absolutely gorgeous. Thanks so much for the pic. Looks like a work of art!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.