Suggestions on Muzzle Brake for Sendero 300 RUM

6x6 elk

Looking for muzzle brake, looking for best combination of recoil reduction, and least amount of deafening muzzle blast. The muscle brake looks like a possibility,but I like the looks of the brakes that match the barrels contour. Had a Vias on a 300 win mag, recoil reduction was good, but muzzle blast was excessive. What's out there that you guys recommend? Thank you for any suggestions.

JE Customs makes a nice muzzle brake. He's a sponsor on long range hunting. He has an educational video on here and does some pretty impressive testing.

I had Darrell Holland's brake and really liked it. One of many on here with a very good reputation and I haven't used DE or JE Custom's to say one is better than the other, but don't think you could go wrong with any of them.

Would the Terminator have more back blast? It's not a problem to me, since I wear electronic hunting muffs, but the OP said something about muzzle blast.

I'm not sure if it does.

No expert but my WAG is yes (compared to those side port designs that is perpendicular/90 degrees from the shooter/bore; or at least the 1st port) since all the side port angles slightly towards the shooter.

Shoot-Long | Terminator Muzzle Brakes T2 T3 T4 T5 T6

Here's a video of Jim with his muscle brake (http://www.piercisionrifles.com/muscle-brakes/) ...

The muscle brake (and other similar designs) with the first port being 90 degrees it shears the back blast off from the angled ports, to prevent the "blast/concussion" effect from distracting the shooter.

(NOTE: NO Jim is NOT testing how quiet the brake is; he explained it on one of the older threads :):Dgun))

Last edited by a moderator:
A quiet muzzle brake is a fallacy.

All muzzles brakes require hearing protection, most suppressors aren't hearing safe either with supersonic rifle cartridges.

Electronic hearing protection is the way forward with hunting rifles.

I'm sure some brakes are louder than others, it will be interesting to test that one day.

Some brakes expose the shooter to more concussion & blast that others.

There is a big difference in recoil reduction between brakes.

Brakes are noisy anti-social devices at the best of times, but nothing else reduces recoil like a brake will, kind of a rock & hard place situation.

No expert but my WAG is yes (compared to those side port designs that is perpendicular/90 degrees from the shooter/bore; or at least the 1st port) since all the side port angles slightly towards the shooter.

Shoot-Long | Terminator Muzzle Brakes T2 T3 T4 T5 T6

Here's a video of Jim with his muscle brake (Piercision Rifles - Muscle Brakes) ...

The muscle brake (and other similar designs) with the first port being 90 degrees it shears the back blast off from the angled ports, to prevent the "blast/concussion" effect from distracting the shooter.

The Muscle Brake - YouTube

(NOTE: NO Jim is NOT testing how quiet the brake is; he explained it on one of the older threads :):Dgun))

I just received my T3 and the 1st port is 90 degrees and the rest are angled back.

I just received my T3 and the 1st port is 90 degrees and the rest are angled back.

It sure don't look like it from this picture though ...

T3_zpsmo54hnav.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.