Suggestions for calibre and platform

I saw a Youtube about RPR having a creep issue?
I saw this one and then....
There is a hundred dollar price diff but I can't figure out how other than color they different.
The color of the stock shouldn't account for a hundred in difference right?
I have the Howa Chasis Rifle. Just about the same except the stock doesn't fold. But I didn't pay $1600.00 for mine either. I have a few other Howas. I like them. 1500 are nice actions IMO. lol

I have the Howa Chasis Rifle. Just about the same except the stock doesn't fold. But I didn't pay $1600.00 for mine either. I have a few other Howas. I like them. 1500 are nice actions IMO. lol
I like the Howa action on my Weatherby Vanguard 300 WM just fine. Had one in 6.5 Creed also but sold. Won both on $10.00 raffle tickets 😉

I like the Howa action on my Weatherby Vanguard 300 WM just fine. Had one in 6.5 Creed also but sold. Won both on $10.00 raffle tickets 😉
I have one in 25-06. I kill many deer with that rifle & 90gr PPU HP ammo. I have yet to reload any of my own for it. It just loves the PPU. And for the price of PPU at the time of purchase. I can not reload any cheaper. Being new to reloading I may not even get better results. Just wasted components. But I still want to try & see. I have many different seeds for it. I would like to update the stock on it. Get rid of the Hogue stock. I prefer a nice wood stock.

I have one in 25-06. I kill many deer with that rifle & 90gr PPU HP ammo. I have yet to reload any of my own for it. It just loves the PPU. And for the price of PPU at the time of purchase. I can not reload any cheaper. Being new to reloading I may not even get better results. Just wasted components. But I still want to try & see. I have many different seeds for it. I would like to update the stock on it. Get rid of the Hogue stock. I prefer a nice wood stock.
If you reload for it I bet heavier bullets will shoot better unless it has a slow twist which I doubt. 115-120 grain. Have always shot well in buddy's Ruger M77.

If you reload for it I bet heavier bullets will shoot better unless it has a slow twist which I doubt. 115-120 grain. Have always shot well in buddy's Ruger M77.
It has a 1/10 twist. I did not confirm yet. I tried different factory ammo with 117gr. It was all over the place. Until I went with the 90gr. I was thinking the same thing about loading my own. I may get better results. I need to get off my lazy @ss. And get busy. The weather is starting to get nice out. But it seems like my days off it wants to rain or winds blowing crazy & muddy as all. And I would like to get a chrono before I start loading rifle cases. And I want to get a few more powders for this round. I'd like to try the VV N560 supposed to burn cooler & save barrel life. And better velocity for heavier bullets. Hopefully I don't blow my face off. lol

It has a 1/10 twist. I did not confirm yet. I tried different factory ammo with 117gr. It was all over the place. Until I went with the 90gr. I was thinking the same thing about loading my own. I may get better results. I need to get off my lazy @ss. And get busy. The weather is starting to get nice out. But it seems like my days off it wants to rain or winds blowing crazy & muddy as all. And I would like to get a chrono before I start loading rifle cases. And I want to get a few more powders for this round. I'd like to try the VV N560 supposed to burn cooler & save barrel life. And better velocity for heavier bullets. Hopefully I don't blow my face off. lol
You won't blow your face off ! I almost did with an old A.H. Fox Sterlingworth double barrel 12 ga. that was my grandpa's. Somebody else's reloads. I was 19 yrs. Old. Somebody else's reloads never again ! Opened up left chamber next to my face. Powder burns on my face, neck, shoulder and arm. Peices of brass case buried in my shoulder and arm. Couldn't hear for a week . Anyway. Buddies 25.06 loved IMR 4350 and 115 Nosler partitions . There's lots of powders that work well in 25.06 these days.

You won't blow your face off ! I almost did with an old A.H. Fox Sterlingworth double barrel 12 ga. that was my grandpa's. Somebody else's reloads. I was 19 yrs. Old. Somebody else's reloads never again ! Opened up left chamber next to my face. Powder burns on my face, neck, shoulder and arm. Peices of brass case buried in my shoulder and arm. Couldn't hear for a week . Anyway. Buddies 25.06 loved IMR 4350 and 115 Nosler partitions . There's lots of powders that work well in 25.06 these days.
Good to hear because I bought a bunch of Nosler bullets & IMR 4350, H 4350, Ramshot Hunter, and quite a few other powders & bullets. I do think a Magneto speed would be handy to have to start with. Don't you ?

Yes. That's what I have now after my pro chrono took a direct hit about 5 years ago 😳 with those powders you should be set. I like my magneto speed a lot. Bout ready to hit the sack. I hope all 😴 well .

Years ago, Ruger was known for too slow of rifling twists. Now I see some of their rifles are showing 1:8 twists.
That seems to be standard for 6.5CM.
Just looked at another Ruger. The ones I posted above are no longer in stock.

I have deer spray for garden here that smells like rotten eggs. My dog likes to lick it and pee on it 🙄 I heard it was coyote p***. It works .
Might try going to your local "ZOO" and see if they have Large CAT poop. If they do, and you can get for cheap, try using around your garden. Deer will not come around because of the CAT POOP SMELL! There might be Other Predators that also DONT like the Idea of a Large Cat being around!

FFP vs SFP.
I'm shopping for scopes.
I got a chance to look at a FFP reticle in a gun store, I steadied it on the counter and zoomed up on a small point out the window and across the street. I was immediately realizing the reticle got bigger with magnification.
There are times when I see 2 years sticking up above the long grass and can see its a coyote. I need the reticle to stay fine so I can see these small targets like coyote ears or a pack rat at distance.
I think SFP is for me.
I looked at some of the available reticles out there and saw some that look pretty cool but I don't know what the numbers and lines mean. I looked on the Leupold website at the varmint reticle. It shows the width in mils of the actual lines but not the distance in mils between the horizontal lines under the center cross hair.
Anyone have a Leupold with the Varmint reticle?
Can you advise?

FFP vs SFP.
I'm shopping for scopes.
I got a chance to look at a FFP reticle in a gun store, I steadied it on the counter and zoomed up on a small point out the window and across the street. I was immediately realizing the reticle got bigger with magnification.
There are times when I see 2 years sticking up above the long grass and can see its a coyote. I need the reticle to stay fine so I can see these small targets like coyote ears or a pack rat at distance.
I think SFP is for me.
I looked at some of the available reticles out there and saw some that look pretty cool but I don't know what the numbers and lines mean. I looked on the Leupold website at the varmint reticle. It shows the width in mils of the actual lines but not the distance in mils between the horizontal lines under the center cross hair.
Anyone have a Leupold with the Varmint reticle?
Can you advise?
I have a Luepold VX6 4x24x52 with Varmit reticle. I never read the instructions on it because I put a CDS dial on it for my load. I did experiment a little with it to see what horizontal crosshair to hold a a couple distances . Example: I held 4th crosshair down (you're elevating) to hit 600 yds. I'm thinking you would have to figure out each crosshair hold/yardage. You may be able to do just by figuring out a couple. CDS is easier to me. I got a heck of a deal on the scope couple years ago. I think they had it mismarked...😳
FYI. The VX6 are FFP only I believe .