Suggestions for calibre and platform

Speaking of angles and range finders, I have a Leupold ranger finder that is supposed to account for shooting angles for me. The other day when I fired at the running coyote, I was about 200 feet above them looking down.
So shooting angles is a thing.
I'm hoping the range finder is accurate that way but sitting here thinking....the weather has improved lately. Its very nice today. I could go set some clay pigeons down there and then go back up, then range them and fire at them and see if its truly accurate.
I will do this now and report back.

Rats are a problem all their own they can be taken care of the method is dictated by the laws and what you have to work with and around. Coyote, fox and other predator food on four feet.

I can't have geese or ducks because of the pool. There is no keeping them out of it.
We have rats here that are big. They get into cars and just destroy. One guy almost had his Subaru totaled.
If you park indoors with the hood up they seem to move on.
Thanks Christ I don't have skunks here or raccoons. Probly because I'm too far from water. Its dry up here, we're at 2900 feet.
Where I used to live the rats would get under your hood and chew wiring. Got my truck and son's car. Talked the mechanic at dealer and said try cutting up chunks of Irish Spring soap and place it in spots under hood. Worked for me . 😳

I can't have geese or ducks because of the pool. There is no keeping them out of it.
We have rats here that are big. They get into cars and just destroy. One guy almost had his Subaru totaled.
If you park indoors with the hood up they seem to move on.
Thanks Christ I don't have skunks here or raccoons. Probly because I'm too far from water. Its dry up here, we're at 2900 feet.
Raterier good for Rats too. More than one dog will put a hurting on rats. And it's fun training them if you have the time. I have learned if you have a dog that is already trained. The others learn quickly. A farm isn't a farm without a fury little companion IMO

Where I used to live the rats would get under your hood and chew wiring. Got my truck and son's car. Talked the mechanic at dealer and said try cutting up chunks of Irish Spring soap and place it in spots under hood. Worked for me . 😳
Mothballs was a thing in the old days for mice. Not sure if it really worked though. We could here the mice running across the ceiling when we were kids. 😆

I remember the smell of mothballs to this day. Cats outside and fed there to keep them there worked better than the moth balls. I'm pretty sure my grandma just liked the smell of them lol. My brother's girlfriend brought a couple of cats to his place that was overrun with mice and squirrels he made the mistake of letting her feed them near the front door so then he had cats setting at the door to be fed every morning and evening, underfoot. Everything has a learning curve. My job as a kid was to thin out the excess numbers of grandma's cats don't dare make a mistake and kill a good mouser.

Anyone know anything about carbon fibre barrels?
My first question is; Is the bullet in contact with carbon fibre as it travels down the length of the barrel? Or is it a metal lined barrel that is surrounded by CF?
(It doesn't seem like carbon fibre rifling would handle a copper jacketed lead projectile at these kinds of pressures and forces)

Anyone know anything about carbon fibre barrels?
My first question is; Is the bullet in contact with carbon fibre as it travels down the length of the barrel? Or is it a metal lined barrel that is surrounded by CF?
(It doesn't seem like carbon fibre rifling would handle a copper jacketed lead projectile at these kinds of pressures and forces)
It's a normal metal barrel turned down then carbon wrapped. Stiffer and lighter than all steel barrel .

Last edited:

Recent Posts