Suggestions for a good elk hunting boot

I have worn Kenetreks, Salomom, and Lowa, recently I received this pair Kuiu branded Scarpa

First impression, the heel fit is much better than my Kenetrek Mountain Extreme 400. Their is no comparison in the weight, the Kuiu are much lighter. There is literally almost no break in. As far as fit and comfort they are at par with Salomom Quad GTX.

I wore them all day in the CenTx heat and humidity with these OTC socks from 1200 through 1630 checking zeroes al the way to 1000 yards with our 300WMs and 215 Bergers, my feet were fine.

Just need to test them in cold weather.

All the high end boots are good. Chippewa,Vasque,Danner,Filson,Crispi,
Kenetrek,etc.,etc,etc. There are many and you get what you pay for. Nothing beats leather and a vibram bottom for toughness with some comfort. Nothing beats rubber for being waterproof. Nothing beats goretex for lighter weight and breatheability with comfort. But leather gets wet and rubber can puncture or tear. Goretex might not be warm enough.Arctic rated snow boots are best for warmth and dryness but I wouldn't expect to go hiking on rocky terrain with them. Best to bring a pair of back up boots.

All the high end boots are good. Chippewa,Vasque,Danner,Filson,Crispi,
Kenetrek,etc.,etc,etc. There are many and you get what you pay for. Nothing beats leather and a vibram bottom for toughness with some comfort. Nothing beats rubber for being waterproof. Nothing beats goretex for lighter weight and breatheability with comfort. But leather gets wet and rubber can puncture or tear. Goretex might not be warm enough.Arctic rated snow boots are best for warmth and dryness but I wouldn't expect to go hiking on rocky terrain with them. Best to bring a pair of back up boots.
Love your comments. I really do think STUDDED NEOS can't be beat as an overshoe and the proper way to dress the feet for potential mountain snow conditions. And, in my opinion, is one of the best ways to address the true complex nature of keeping feet warm and dry ( as you have clearly illustrated )
This is my system:
Thin nylon sock
heavy wool blend sock.
Light weight 8" boots (sometimes sneakers depending on terrain)
then I put on my NEOS. I Pack away I-2 pairs of socks and 1 thick pair or wool boot liners. (mine are double lined mukluk liners that are Canadian military surplus) Any fool can be uncomfortable right!
Now I'm assuming I'm not the only fella that his feet sweat while mountain trekking so; when I stop and say plan on glassing for longer then say 30-45 min I'll often change my socks. If I'm overnight then I'll take off the footwear and carefully put them near the fire (I never put the NEOS near the fire though) and just wear the liners but if need be can still quickly put on the NEOS. Having light weight boots/sneakers allows for quick drying and more importantly the break-in period is much quicker.
in fact one could just wear bread bags over their socks and then swap out their socks when glassing. Been there done that too.
Just my 2c

I feel like I've had a good amount of boots over the years Danner, Chippewa, Salomon, Kenetrek, crispi. Out of everything I have ever worn I like the crispi boots the best. I have the guide GTX non insulated. Sizing for me was perfect (true to size), break in time was pretty quick. Only complaint is that they were rough on my heels until they got broken in. Nice lightweight, dependable boot that just keeps getting better the more I wear them. I do all my outdoor stuff in them, big game, bird, scouting, range days.... everything.

Good socks and gaiters are just as important too.

I also have had a very hard time finding a good sock, my feet would sweat if I was bare foot in the snow, that my feet like and the kenetrek canada mid weight over the calf sock have been the absolute best socks I have ever had. I'd highly recommend them. I'd also recommend getting a pair of the ultimate liner lightweight over the calf sock, more for the break in period than anything else.