Suggestions for a good elk hunting boot

We will be going to Montana elk hunting the week before Thanksgiving. We are expecting (preparing for) snow so Im looking for a good warm, water proof but lite pair of boots that would be good for putting miles on each day. I have warm gore tex boots I use here in PA but I dont do much of any walking with them and know they are way too heavy for mountain hiking in the snow.

Id appreciate any suggestions.
Lowa Renegade. light, supportive, and waterproof

I've got 3 pair of Lowa boots the hikers and the mountain boot, tough and comfortable, I've heard great things about Crispi, my guides in Alberta and British Columbia swear by them

I've been wearing different Zamberlans over the last few years and I've overall been happy with them. I know a bunch of guys that wear Crispi and Kenetrek too. Schnees is another good brand to check out. I'd stay as far away from any thing UA for boots as possible. Boots are too much of a personal decision for someone to tell you what to get. I personally will wear the same boots from January in Arizona to December here in Montana, my feet stay warm and get hot, even in uninsulated boots my feet will sweat even when walking through snow.

I just bought a pair of the kuiu rebel k insulated boots and really like them. Have worn them shed hunting a few times and just around town breaking them in and they are the 1st stiff boot I've worn that didn't hurt my feet right out of the box. Definitely a little on the warm side for this warm weather and shed hunting haha

I have had good luck with the Lowa Tibet's and the Lowa Ticam II boots. Both are uninsulated, but with mid wt merino socks I have been fine in knee deep snow and 0 degree temps as long as I am moving. I always use the Obenaufs wax boot treatment on all of my leather hunting boots
0 degrees...... I'm still wearing sandals or flip flops! Lol....but the Lowa boots are a good suggestion.

We will be going to Montana elk hunting the week before Thanksgiving. We are expecting (preparing for) snow so Im looking for a good warm, water proof but lite pair of boots that would be good for putting miles on each day. I have warm gore tex boots I use here in PA but I dont do much of any walking with them and know they are way too heavy for mountain hiking in the snow.

I've heard good things about Crispi, I personally like the Danner Pronghorn I have three pair with different insulation weights and have a friend that likes Kennabeques or however you spell it. Kuiu sells them

There have been some good choices above. I am a Schnees Granite (various insulation levels - your choice but I prefer 200 gram) or Schnees Pack Boots (13") superfan. Schnees is a must stop in Bozeman for gear if you have any free time there, and if you do go to The Roost for the best fried chicken anywhere on the planet (get the Sweet Hot). I have and have used both Schnees boots to hunt elk in Montana, Colorado and New Mexico. Best suggestion is to find a boot from the recommendations above that fits your foot. Lastly, consider the type of hunt - if you are horseback either of these two types of boots go easily into and out of the stirups, and they rock on all mountain terrain. Good luck!

Lots of guys recommend really stiff boots for rough terrain and heavy loads but I don't. I bought into the heavy expensive boot game once and I paid for it badly. I bought a pair of La Sportiva Makalu mountaineering boots (very similar to kenetrek boots) for a week long wilderness backpack trip. I had them and wore them everyday, everywhere for several months before the trip to break them in but there is no breaking in a steel shank it simply doesn't flex. Once I got into steep country I developed heel blisters almost immediately needless to say, I had a miserable week. I kept those boots for digging holes with a shovel because they sure could take a beating but I never took them into the mountains again. I found that the best boots for my feet (that I have found to date) are the Solomon Quest 4D GTX. They weigh about half as much as those really tough stiff boots and they fit and flex with my feet and ankles instead of forcing my heel to slip inside the boot. They also cost $100 less. Don't just buy boots because someone recommended them! You have to try them out, and not just on flat ground, or you might end up in the hunting trip from hell.

Have used Danner "canadians" for years, and love them.