Suggestions 4 scope new AR creedmoor

hilltopper

Any suggestions for a scope for a new DPMS 6.5 creedmoor I'm planing on getting? DPMS: AR-15 Rifles, Parts and Accessories.

Use would be 50 to 600yd hunting and target. Need something that can mount low to the bore and has enough room to mount a halo sight or other close quarters optic.

Would like to keep the price around or under $750. The counter sniper 1X8 is just the type of thing I'm looking for but that company has such a line of BS and not so good reputation. Counter Sniper Optics [Online Catalog - 1/8-30 Weapon Mountable Optical Gunsights]

Any suggestions?

Look at the new Weaver Tactical 4-20X50. It has a 30mm tube with a FFP Mildot and I can't imagine a better deal for the price (about $720). Glass is clear. I just picked one up for my DPMS 260 Remington.

That Weaver looks real nice. I'm looking for something with a smaller objective lens like 32 to 38mm that will mount lower to the bore and keep a little better balance.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.