Suggestions 300wsm

buckhunter50

any ideas for a gunsmith to build a light weight tack driver....ive been viewing lrh forums for a while (non member) ive noticed that a lot of the guns on here are heavy....im looking for a light weight 300 wsm 24inch barrel around 7 pounds....is that possible or would you suggest just buying a 700 or a 70 (really like the looks of the extreme condtions but ive read bad reviews).....i have a a 700 sps 308 just sitting in the safe could be used for an action ( but i hear conflicting stories on sa used for a 300 wsm)...budget would be under $2000....

any ideas for a gunsmith to build a light weight tack driver....ive been viewing lrh forums for a while (non member) ive noticed that a lot of the guns on here are heavy....im looking for a light weight 300 wsm 24inch barrel around 7 pounds....is that possible or would you suggest just buying a 700 or a 70 (really like the looks of the extreme condtions but ive read bad reviews).....i have a a 700 sps 308 just sitting in the safe could be used for an action ( but i hear conflicting stories on sa used for a 300 wsm)...budget would be under $2000....
A good gunsmith can build you whatever you want. If you want a 300 wsm, I would suggest buying a action that is chambered originally as a wsm or rsaum. It will save you the cost of paying a gunsmith to open the action and bolt up to accept that case and have a new extractor installed.

You can go with a custom action too! It will push your budget to the limit. But it won't need accurized like a factory action will, Saving you cash that way, you'll need to buy a floorplate, follower, etc. And a trigger for it, since most don't come with any of that stuff.gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts