Successful New Mexico Oryx hunt

Namibia is a poor country, and people don't have much. Weather is dry and water is limited. So farming is limited, and raising cattle is low at best. On the farm I hunted on which was about 40,000 acres only raised 500 head of cattle a year. Vail ranch in S. Cal. that was about 75,000 acres raised about 5000 head a year. So by hunters going over there, creates work for the people there, and the game doesn't go to waste either. It feeds a lot of people there. They manage there wildlife very closely. Several years ago in one of there wildlife protected ares, there was 3 black Rhino that were on there last leg. So permits were auction off. PETE out bidded everyone else for the tune of 1.5 million dollars. So the animals die, and nobody got feed. So the meat rotted. STUPID IS, STUPID DOES.

The hunters feed the people of Namibia, not the hunters family. That doesn't work for me.
I now understand where you are coming from. Feeding your family with the meat is important to you. I only responded to you to say that if you really wanted to kill an Oryx then it is easily done in a place like Namibia, since the odds are strongly against you in New Mexico....actually the odds are that you will never draw a tag in your lifetime

Namibia is a poor country, and people don't have much. Weather is dry and water is limited. So farming is limited, and raising cattle is low at best. On the farm I hunted on which was about 40,000 acres only raised 500 head of cattle a year. Vail ranch in S. Cal. that was about 75,000 acres raised about 5000 head a year. So by hunters going over there, creates work for the people there, and the game doesn't go to waste either. It feeds a lot of people there. They manage there wildlife very closely. Several years ago in one of there wildlife protected ares, there was 3 black Rhino that were on there last leg. So permits were auction off. PETE out bidded everyone else for the tune of 1.5 million dollars. So the animals die, and nobody got feed. So the meat rotted. STUPID IS, STUPID DOES.
So true! I have been to Africa six times already and the first time I was there I realized how much of the animal is consumed there by the native people....pretty much all that is discarded is skin and bones.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.