Successful New Mexico Oryx hunt

Sorry, this lady was too young to be shot
I'm sorry, but I'll have to disagree. A very old oryx will have the ridges of their horns at the base begin to fuse together in one solid mass. You can clearly see that on this animal on the lower couple of inches on her horns.

Awesome; well done. And way to stick with it. Those 2 day McGregor hunts are a lot of pressure!

And not that it really matters but the 43" record was only a record at 43 because it was a bull with huge bases and a gross score of 101". For cows there have been some taken close to 49" if I'm not mistaken. Again, not that it matters because yours is a monster! Congrats!

If you REALLY want to kill an Oryx, you are better off saving some money and going to Namibia where you will kill one on the first day.

If you REALLY want to kill an Oryx, you are better off saving some money and going to Namibia where you will kill one on the first day.
I want to kill one, and eat it as well, so Namibia doesn't work for me.

Been to Namibia twice. You sure can kill one on the first day of hunting. Better to take sometime and look them over. They are good eating too. I was surprised the first time over there. That what meats were used to feed us even in the hotels. The meat doesn't go to waste, even though we can't take it back with us. The hunter's feed a lot of people their.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.