Success! Montana unit 102-50 Eureka moose tag drawn!

Jeffpg

Well, I've been in the points running from the gitgo, having applied the first year they were available and every year since, and I finally hit a tag. I also put in for sheep and goat but perhaps they will come later.
I hunted moose successfully in Idaho back in 2008 so I have a bit of experience with them. All I really know about the unit is that it's in the NW corner of the state and is supposedly one of the better units in the state, with some thick timber and both roadless and logging road areas.

If anyone here can offer any info on what to expect or point me in the right direction I would be grateful.

Well, I've been in the points running from the gitgo, having applied the first year they were available and every year since, and I finally hit a tag. I also put in for sheep and goat but perhaps they will come later.
I hunted moose successfully in Idaho back in 2008 so I have a bit of experience with them. All I really know about the unit is that it's in the NW corner of the state and is supposedly one of the better units in the state, with some thick timber and both roadless and logging road areas.

If anyone here can offer any info on what to expect or point me in the right direction I would be grateful.

That's awesome! Congrats and best of luck.

I'm from this area but I don't have any specific moose info but congrats! Definitely a lot of good country there. Use Google earth for finding clear cuts and meadows and ways to hike in and glass them. Hope I draw some day🤔

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.